shape
carat
color
clarity

Hurricane Dean devestates my favorite place on earth

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Just got to work this morning to see how Hurricane Dean did overnight. It slammed into the southern Yucutan well below Cancun and Cozumel but completely devestated my favorite area of Mexico which is Tulum south. The cozy little stick hut villege of Tulum Playa is most likely completely gone. I feel so bad for all the lovely people down there who live full time in the little stick huts in very low lying ground. I hope that they were able to get out safely.

After Hurricane Wilma it was amazing how quickly the Mexican people rallied to help each other with the rebuild. I''m sure it will be much the same with Dean, but I''m still left wanting to help somehow......

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I live in the Caribbean and have been through a few hurricanes. It''s amazing how one hurricane can just devastate an entire country and economy..just in the space of a few hours. I know St. Lucia and Jamaica are picking up the pieces from Hurricane Dean right now...and I''m sure the cities in Mexico have been just as devastated. All of these countries would have been preparing for the high (tourist) season coming up in October/November.. but because of the damage their visitor arrivals will probably be drastically reduced. There goes much needed revenue... just like that. And it''s only August! Let''s pray that these countries are spared for the rest of the hurricane season.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to threadjack.. but...

Sha...

Where in the Caribbean are you? I live in the Caribbean as well..! Turks and Caicos to be exact... we definitely dodged a bullet with Hurricane Dean!!!

My heart goes out to the people of Mexico right now... it seemed like they were just bouncing back from Wilma.. (which I had the pleasure of being a part of on its take on Florida two October''s ago!)

Island Dreams.. I''m soooo sorry your fave place was destroyed.. you are right! its amazing how these people (of hurricane ravaged areas) bounce back in times like this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results