shape
carat
color
clarity

How''s this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
This G color, VVS2 clarity diamond has Ideal proportions

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.06
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 72.5%
Table: 69.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Girdle: Very thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.65*5.63*4.08
Ratio: 1.00

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_58-172_build.asp?cid=58&module=diamond&item=860048

I don''t know all the depth, table, etc...this is good diamond?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you questioned them about how much of the girdle is very thin? I would avoid stones with very thin girdles as they are more prone to chipping, unless it is just a very tiny area that is very thin. I don''t know that much about princess cut stones otherwise, so hopefully someone who does will reply!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Are you especially "quality" conscious with regards to clarity? The reason I ask is because when you move into the category of VVS 1 and 2, you are paying a premium for a level of clarity that is not visible to the naked eye. If you were even to select something in the VS 1 or 2 range (AGS or GIA), you are pretty much guaranteed a stone that is more than just eye clean, thus no inclusions visible without some level of magnification. Going from VVS to VS, should significantly reduce the price, yet not affect the beauty of the diamond you are purchasing.

Just a thought if you are concerned with pricing ... If not - good on you! VVS! all the way.
9.gif

With regards to the other stuff, a stone with an Excellent rating for both polish and symmetry might be "more" beautiful ... The numbers are something that the experts can speak to ... There are a ton of them on PS so I''m sure that the ones who are able to speak to the cut, specifically, will be able to help you out.

Good luck shopping. I hope you find something you love!
35.gif

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
How about this one?
http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-48247.htm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results