shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set this teal tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok so I just bought this teal tourmaline off of Dan. I know it is dark but teal is my favorite color. I''m worried that if I bezel set it- it will be much darker. Until I really have the stone I guess I won''t know. However, for the time being- what setting would you recommend?

STONE: Tourmaline
WEIGHT: 1.44 Cts.
CUT: Modified Round Brilliant
DIMENSIONS: 7.17 mm
ORIGIN: Congo
COLOR: Darker Neon Teal
CLARITY: Very Good (Eye Clean)

DanTealTour.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Option #1

bezeloption1.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Option #2

sarah107a.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what do you like? simple solitaire? diamond accents? etsy work maybe?

ETA: I just saw your option #2 and I LOVE
30.gif
that twisted shank, I guess your going with premade settings... oops I posted while you were posting pics...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Option #3
can you tell I like LOGR?!

sarahoption3.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/1/2009 6:15:25 PM
Author: D&T
what do you like? simple solitaire? diamond accents? etsy work maybe?

ETA: I just saw your option #2 and I LOVE
30.gif
that twisted shank, I guess your going with premade settings... oops I posted while you were posting pics...
I like #2 the best, but they''re all pretty!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Option 4- this is a beautiful ring but I''m not sure if the teal will really do anything for it- thoughts?

Sarahdreamring.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would avoid a bezel since it might look black in there. I recommend a prong setting for this stone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 6:44:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I would avoid a bezel since it might look black in there. I recommend a prong setting for this stone.

Hey TL!! We missed you around here! :)

I''d go with the prong setting too.

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Very nice gem...

I like option 2 as I think it will allow light around the gem and let it gather some outside light and not just depend on what goes through the table.

I really like the color of the gem and also the Kris-cross design in the ring; white metal and diamonds; yes that is nice...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have option 1. its gorgeous but it will really darken that stone. Thats a bezel that would work with a much lighter stone.

I like option 2 a lot and that one looks to be a better choice as far as allowing light to reach the stone.

-A

SB621

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the input everyone! I''m going with option #2. I just bought it so hopefully it will come soon!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to vote for option two, then read you had bought it already, lol! I think it would look great!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I''m an instant decision/ statisfaction type of person. I like things to happen right away...usually it leads to buyers remorese later on down the road but we will see!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results