shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you handle it politely or would you ignore it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
So I need some help.I booked few sessions with personal trainer to get back into it after an injury.He is good and charges per hour.
As your time approaches he is still finishing and chatting with his previous client.You just stay on the bike warming up before the session starts as he continues to chat with his previous client.
As a result your hour starts about 7-10 minutes later and ends right on time.
Your 1 hour session is shorter and is terminated right on time even though the next client is still not there.
If you booked 10 sessions and it happens frequently that adds up.
How would you handle it?
Thanks.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I would have brought it up with the trainer after the 3rd time it happens. Ask him(or her) if you should move the appointment 10 back since it seems that his previous client does not end on time.
Seperately, i would go to the manager of the club and ask for a discount stating the reasons why (always late, not getting a full 1 hour but pyaing for it). They should at least be able to offer 1 session for free.

I hope it works out for you!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jcar: he is self employed so he is the one to speak to.It happened few times already so perhaps a few session may be in appropriate to ask for.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Is it always the same client in the timeslot before you? Or does he do it no matter who his previous client was?

I'd mention it for sure because if you're starting 10 minutes late you should go 10 minutes past the time you were scheduled to end... an hour is an hour is an hour afterall. LOL ESPECIALLY if there isn't another client waiting after you. I could see why they wouldn't want to continue on a late schedule, but this doesn't sound like someone who is running behind. It sounds like someone who is not giving you what you're paying for. If your sessions are now complete, it could be too late for compensation since you didn't give him an opportunity to make it right while it was happening (even though this should be a no brainer for him). But if you still have sessions left I'd get it straightened out before you go again.

Good luck!
1.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Because this is someone you will have to interact with in the future, the first time I mention it I would try to do so light-heartedly. For example, towards the end of your next session when he wants to end it just say something like, "No, we''re not done yet...we started at 1:10, didn''t we?"

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What IndyGirl said. Brilliant suggestion!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''d do exactly what Indy said. Easy Peasy. He''ll get the hint. If he doesn''t you need to be more upfront and suggest you move your time back by a few minutes so you get your full hour.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
"What IndyGirl said. Brilliant suggestion"

Yes indeed it is a brilliant idea.
I do have few sessions left so its not too late to mention at our next session.
I am not certain that it is always the same client I tend to think its not.
Thanks to everyone I should have posted sooner , but I did not expect him to repeat this on more frequent basis so I just let it be.Now I can act on it.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 5:00:09 PM
Author: scarleta
''What IndyGirl said. Brilliant suggestion''

Thanks to everyone I should have posted sooner , but I did not expect him to repeat this on more frequent basis so I just let it be.Now I can act on it.

PT sessions are expensive so you definitely want what you paid for :), if he keeps doing it after the comment take it further.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Get off the bike at the scheduled start time and stand beside him while he's having his little convo.

He'll get the point.

LS

ETA: shake some sweat beads onto him while you're waiting...
11.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely bring it up. Why not? He probably doesn''t even realize it. And if it works out, it''s better for him. The more satisfied you are, the more likely you are to recommend him to other clients and book again.

A simple, "Hey, I love how we always end on time. I''d love to always start on time, too."

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 5:00:09 PM
Author: scarleta
''What IndyGirl said. Brilliant suggestion''

Haha I guess I have some good ideas sometimes. I would hope that he would get the hint after you bring it up the first time. I know you were probably just afraid of being considered nitpicky or difficult because you have to work with him again, but like Deelight said, in this case time really is money!
1.gif
If he doesn''t get it then I would take it a step further, but because he is self-employed I would think he wants to please his customers as much as possible. Good luck!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
They guy is not a true professional.a professional is considerate of all his clients and their needs...an aploligy that he ran late the first time is what he should have done... and then you forgive him...the second time you needed to say something because hes not a professional and needs a direct understanding that you are paying him for an hour and not 50 minutes...the third time i would find a new guy and ask for a refund on my lost time.The first time shame on the trainer...the second time shame on you for allowing him to treat you this way...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know why so many people think they need to tiptoe around this guy. You are paying him for a service. You wouldn''t leave the stylists chair with 5/6 of a haircut, would you?

I''m straightforward so I''d say something like "I require a full hour of your services. If the current time isn''t working for you, tell me what time would."

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say, nicely but firmly:

Joe, I just wanted to clarify the length of our sessions.

Mrs. S, they are one hour.

Okay, well, I have noticed you started 5-10 minutes past the hour but end right on time. So I am not quite getting my full hour that I am paying for.

I have a lot of services of this type, private trainer, masseuse, etc. Now, they come to me so they cannot take my time chatting with others in front of me but still, YOU are the client. YOU are paying for something and should be getting your full hour. Since you paid in advance I would make darn sure he gave you your full time. Otherwise, had you not paid in full, you could dock his check per session and see how fast he changed his attitude. I am not saying his is not perfectly pleasant, but if one hour = 60 full minutes you should get it, he is the service provider.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again its nice to have all your opinions.He is a good person and I think he just is not even aware of it.I am not one of his regular clients that comes week after weeks so maybe he thinks its ok? In any case I don''t see any problems getting one free session with him.I just needed to ask if it was appropriate and if so, how to handle it.
Now thanks to all of you ,who were so very kind to help out I have more confidence to deal with it.
Thanks you all shine!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Diamonfan''s suggestion. I worked as a PT during law school and I saw a lot of trainers squeeze time off of their clients'' sessions by having them go on the bicycle for the first 5 to 10 minutes of each session, or stretch on their own for a few minutes. You are paying your PT for a service, and you pay for his time and expertise, which is exactly what he should give you. You should never be doing anything like cardio or waiting around for him during the hour for which you paid--he should give you his full attention and focus the entire time.

Good luck! I know these are sticky situations, but the sooner you assert yourself the sooner you''ll start getting what you paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results