shape
carat
color
clarity

How would this look with an asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
We have been looking more into settings and I started to think more about the setting fro Pearlman''s that Jelly suggested. It is from the same designer that made the other setting we are considering fro Quest, but with two slightly larger round diamonds beside the center stone. The one from Pearlman''s is slightly cheaper because it is previously owned, but I am wondering how it would look with an asscher or Sq H&A center stone. Has anyone seen a square-ish stone in a similar setting? Thanks, and I really do want opinions... I won''t get all bent out of shape this time
38.gif
!

Pearlman''s
036PO13A.jpg

Quest
GS-25316ER.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Also, both rings were designed by Gottlieb and Sons. Does anyone have any experience with their workmanship? Thanks!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I think a Sq H&A would look better in those settings rather than an asscher. For me, I think the settings would overpower an asscher since the rounds would have more sparkle. But that''s just IMHO.
35.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering about that too. Do most of the asscher/pave rings around have smaller diamonds around the band I wonder? Thanks!

Also, here is another picture of the first setting
GS-26108ER.jpg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Pave in my ring is about 1.3mm very very teeny sparkle. In that way it doesn''t overpower a beautiful and elegant stone like an asscher or EC. The settings you posted look like the rounds are bigger and not pave which I feel may take away from an otherwise beautiful asscher.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, tough for me to say without someone photoshopping a picture for me. I think the one from Pearlman''s although very pretty is too much for an asscher. I wouldn''t want rounds next to an asscher, but that''s just me.
2.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
The description from Quest says the second ring is micropave with .15 stones. Is that larger than most micropave rings? The first ring(the Pearlman''s) doesn''t say how big the individual stones are but it is .5ctw with 12 stones(including the 2 larger ones) pave set.

Kaleigh- Thats what I have been thinking too. I am having a real problem picturing it so maybe that means it wouldn''t look good. Thanks

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Micropave to me is smaller than .15. If you look at the surprise diamonds in my Quest thread in SMTR the suprise diamonds there are .2. To me, thats too big for micropave, but thats just me.

Indecisive why don''t you take a trip to Quest?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
We are at school four and a half hours away, and with lab and class schedules we can''t go home for awhile. I thought it was a little big for micropave too. I thought that it just looked bigger in the magnified picture but oh well. Thanks a lot for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results