shape
carat
color
clarity

How would this be repaired

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wondering if this type of ring can be repaired/made better.

I have a ring with a single 15 point diamond which is set between two straight bezels. The bezel ends which should be a thin oblong look like a D shape though and has done since the ring was new - not expensive ring.

How could a jeweller repair this - can the metal be heated and reshaped or filed or burnished to look different. I will try to attach a picture of a similar ring.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Feydakin. There seems to be plenty of metal left to file it straight so I may get them to look at it when I take it in again in a few months.

I just wondered why it seemed to be in the ''D'' shape, would it be because they did not file it straight or because the metal was pushed down further or pulled further than the other rings of the same design which are in the store window now.

Also will they have to take the diamond out to do the filing or sanding?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don''t understand why the setting on my ring is D shaped but all the others in their window same style but different shanks have the straight setting.

Why would this have happened. Would they have to remove the diamond to file down the setting or not?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you say the one in the picture I posted in that link has rounded edges to the setting bars?
The ring was from the same store.

About taking the stone out, I thought this may be necessary as the rounded edge of the 'D' shape is next to the diamond - if the gold was to be filed/polished down?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at the ring again today, and I just don''t know?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results