shape
carat
color
clarity

How Wide? plain wedding bands Pics requested!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Just wanna jump in here and say I just LOVE the fat ring look... My E-ring is the "fat" thick one though with my banks being the little ones. I do not sleep with my E-ring at night cause my fingers swell and the "fatter" ring hurts. So i usually just wear one of my teeny bands and put my rings on after I get up. I love the "substaintal" feeling of them.... But every once in a while I drool over the delicate yummies I see around here...

I have a total of 9mm.. and I love it.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
it''s not that the brushed finish makes the diamond look larger, it''s that it makes it POP with sparkles. A shiny band next to it doesn''t flatter it as well as the patina of the old silver band does. I don''t want my band to outshine my diamond, it''s not exactly huge enough as it is, and needs to be framed with something not quite as shiny, at least for my taste. I''m just not into shiny finishes, having worn silver all my life. I tried on wedding bands the same size as my e-ring with it, and together, it is all just too dainty. I''m used to thick, fat, glowing silver jewelry, so my e-ring feels already delicate. I always planned to add a band at least twice the size of my enagement ring setting to add some chunk to it. It is pretty, but just feels so not like me. I want a heavy thick band under it that feels more like me, I guess.

I do want my wedding band to be the one I keep forever, hence all the dithering for just the right one. I realized it wasn''t the wider ring making my diamond look the best, it was the duller finish of the sterling (non-rhodium finish) silver.

Once I settle on a wedding band, not to worry Tacori! I''m already planning ahead for anniversaries, and a skinny skinny sapphire band is ON MY LIST, so I''m on the lookout for one that''s 2mm or less. I like the Fay Cullen stackables, but haven''t seen a total sapphire one.

My e-ring was to have had a slightly bigger diamond w/sapphire sides, actually. That was when I thought I could wear white gold. Once our need for platinum became clear, I lost my sidestones, and my diamond shrunk a bit! So, I''m either adding side sapphire baguettes someday, or adding a sapphire eternity band, because you are right, it is gorgeous, like having the diamond underlined. It''s an awesome look.

I''m just obsessed with my "forever" wedding band right now. I''m one of those who wears rings for a year or two, then puts them away and wears all different ones for a while, etc. But always in silver, and usually with no gemstones, really. This jump to a shiny ring with a sparkly diamond is a shock enough for me, and I guess the shininess of the wedding band with it was troubling me. I wasn''t sure I''d like that kind of band to wear the rest of my life. Now that I see i have options (and am a beadblast/matte/satin fan anyway) I am excited to know that I really can be happy with my platinum wedding band. I was begining to think, hey maybe just use this silver band that''s engraved "Peace" on it, and keep it turned around, since it looks good with my diamond.

thanks for the suggestions, more are always welcome!

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How does Platinum make your diamond shrink? Silver and platinum look similar...

2.gif

By "shrink", I meant that the money that was supposed to go towards gemstones, in the fiance''s ring budget, was transferred to paying for the platinum setting and band, which cost quite a bit more than the white gold I thought we would get. So, that meant that I not only had to sacrifice my sidestones, I had to get a smaller diamond, to stay within our budget. Therefore, my diamond "shrunk"!

Long story short -- more expensive setting, less expensive diamond!

we have a wedding to pay for, and just bought a new house that needs EVERYthing. I''m lucky I got a freakin'' ring at all! It could have gone towards a new a/c system, but we got that problem figured out, whew.

N-jo

Shiny_Rock
Premium
that etoile is DEFINITELY a look I like, hence the silver etoile picture upthread that I bought to wear on the other side of my wedding band. I also bought a silver channel-set baguette band for kicks, since I am easily bored by my jewelry. I can play around with the main wedding rings by using some silver stuff until I get me some REAL accent rings in the future.

I want a plain wedding band to keep always, one that can be engraved fully inside, that''s why I don''t want a gemstone band for my wedding ring. I want it to stand alone and remain the ring that was put on my finger at my wedding, engraved with the date and private things.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
LOL! Understood. I thought you meant that platinum made the diamond look smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results