shape
carat
color
clarity

How/When do you buy your diamonds?

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I have 3 more bejeweled items I want to buy (2 RHR & 1 set of double halo studs) they are purely wants & not needs.

My question is: when/how do you buy these? Specific sales? Jewelry budget? Diamond piggy bank? Is it like buying plane tickets? I’m also saving up for other things but I can get one RHR this paycheck and the 2nd one the other.

The earrings will have to wait though.

I accept & receive any & all input

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I set a specific budget, and I always wait for a sale if I know the retailer has them fairly regularly. Last year, I waited seven months for a pair of diamond stud earrings to go on sale. But I wanted the platinum version, and I was determined not to go over my budget.

When I was first building my jewelry wardrobe, I waited all year for the big sale at Bloomies and bought several suites of designer silver at a time every year. I worked with my sales associate for weeks beforehand to get all my items lined up for the big day. The discounts were fantastic.

I have a “discretionary spend” fund, which is my bling fund. I save a portion of my paycheque every month, which goes into my bling fund (sometimes I cheat on bling and use it on a bag, but I digress). I also maintain a wishlist of things so I can prioritise. I tend to buy things if they can be tied to an occasion, unless they’re really low-value.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make a wish list, save up, and tick items off as and when there is sufficient spare pennies to buy them.

Also ask for split payments over a period time - this is the way for me to buy big ticket custom cut coloured stones.

For other jewellery, the vendors I use would allow me to split payment over 2 to 3 months, and they would not go ahead to make the pieces until the final payment has been received.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results