shape
carat
color
clarity

How was you Halloween?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To distract ourselves, lol. Did you have any trick or treaters? If so, how many? Did you buy candy just in case or did you turn off your lights?A couple of my friends posted their neighborhood block parties for their kiddos—so I guess lots of people celebrated regardless.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not many kids around here. Since our youngest is six and we are on our second quarantine, we had to come up with something. So we got a piñata and the kids got to do that in the front yard, dinner out and some movies. It was nice and the kids had fun even though we couldn’t go anywhere.

ETA: I think they got more candy than they would have trick or treating!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We bought 2 Costco size bags of candy, and have a little less than 1 bag left, so we went through 60% of the candy. I have no idea how many kids came by because we just left candy in a big bowl on the porch. I heard at least 3 groups of kids, but after 8pm, it was pretty dead. Previous years we would run out of candy and text our kids to come home with their trick or treat candy to “regift” haha. 1B036FC9-11B8-4649-9D02-B256184DEB00.jpeg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a couple of kids pass by but we had 0 knocks. Which was fine because we would have had nothing to give them anyway. I enjoyed my day though. Holloween is my favourite day of the year so I was happy :D

inne

Shiny_Rock
We did not do candy because we planned on being out all evening, but we came home just as the trick or treating was drawing to a close. I've never seen so many kids out! A lot of people in our neighbourhood went above and beyond to make Halloween fun and as safe as possible - there were tables with candy, tongs, and hand sanitizer, some people designed very inventive candy chutes, and half the houses were giving out full size candy bars. And there was definitely more enthusiasm for decorating than I've ever seen! I hope it continues.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No trick or treaters here at the beach. But in my Brooklyn neighborhood people did it right and didn't have to give up on Halloween.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 7.01.40 AM.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We only had 2 trick-or-treaters. I bought 1 big bag of Kitkats and obviously have a lot left. My DD went (with a mask),
and made out like a bandit. A ton of candy from about 10 houses.

I hope it comes back after vaccines (after covid is over). Halloween is such a strange idea...going to people's houses that
you dont know and asking for candy. It just seems so odd and out of the usual that I dont want it to go away.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was really quiet....I made pepperoni pizza for dinner. It’s a tradition that David enjoys. He wanted store bought pizza but I couldn’t get any. I bought the pepperoni and did it myself. He also got his mellowcream pumpkins which he gets every year. We also watched Hocus Pocus which is another tradition. I love that movie. It was a nice evening.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not put any candy out this year because I feel irresponsible if I encouraged T&T during a Covid spike.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Turned off lights and had a sign "Don't knock or ring doorbell" hanging. It hangs since our doggie started having severe breathing problems, he is not supposed to bark and get excited. But I had a plan to go to Parade with my DIL and a toddler. However the girl went to bed late afternoon and slept till 7 pm. She then wore her leopard costume and sat with her parents on a back porch and posed in front of my camera while eating candies that I gave her. Today when I saw this thread I wanted to post some pictures and figured out that I accidentally erased them from a card. No memories ;( DIL hoped she would have enough pictures coming from me and didn't take her own :cry: The only picture we have is a low-quality one.

Another toddler had a very successful photo session and looked adorable in her tiger costume. She stayed close to her apartment since my daughter got cold and didn't want to spread it.
122995923_370820791021880_2953322832416623920_n.jpg oct31''''''''''''''''''.jpg oct31'''''''''''''''''.jpg IMG_4114 (2).JPG IMG_4026.JPG

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Turned off lights and had a sign "Don't knock or ring doorbell" hanging. It hangs since our doggie started having severe breathing problems, he is not supposed to bark and get excited. But I had a plan to go to Parade with my DIL and a toddler. However the girl went to bed late afternoon and slept till 7 pm. She then wore her leopard costume and sat with her parents on a back porch and posed in front of my camera while eating candies that I gave her. Today when I saw this thread I wanted to post some pictures and figured out that I accidentally erased them from a card. No memories ;( DIL hoped she would have enough pictures coming from me and didn't take her own :cry: The only picture we have is a low-quality one.

Another toddler had a very successful photo session and looked adorable in her tiger costume. She stayed close to her apartment since my daughter got cold and didn't want to spread it.
122995923_370820791021880_2953322832416623920_n.jpg oct31''''''''''''''''''.jpg oct31'''''''''''''''''.jpg IMG_4114 (2).JPG IMG_4026.JPG

She’s adorable @Musia...So sweet!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a few kids and shut it down about 8 pm. We had a group of trick or treaters come after that and we gave them handfuls of candy. All of the neighbors in our cup-de-sac set up tables outside and we handed out candy as safely as possible. Mostly we sat way back and let the kids get their own out of the bowl.
We have way to much candy left and I have been stress eating it all day today and I don't even like candy!!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don’t do Halloween here, we had friends round for dinner on Saturday, arranged before the 2nd lockdown was announced. I doubt any of the local kids went out Trick or Treating, it was a vile night. They wouldn’t have knocked here anyway, we had our driveway and pedestrian gates closed. :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a decent amount of trick or treaters. I set up a table outside with candy on trays and the kids helped themselves. It worked so well I might do it every year LOL. I would pop my head out of the door with mask on to say hi. I enjoy seeing the kids in their costumes.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Quiet :)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a lot of trick or treaters! We had to replenish the table twice. Actually ran out of candy and started giving out chips. I also had a giant bottle of hand sanitizer on the table and put the table at the end of the driveway for easier access. I tried to spread out the candy so they wouldn’t have to pick thru it. 789792 789791

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results