shape
carat
color
clarity

How to...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
... stop snacking?

35.gif
folks... so my wedding is a year away. i don''t want to lose weight by exercising, but instead i have decided to cut down on snacks and eat more vegies.

Does anyone have any tips on how i can cut down on unnecessary snacks throughout the day? I''m not overweight, but i would like to be slimmer before the big day!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just don''t keep unhealthy snacks around, and don''t go to those aisles when shopping, lol.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Lol my fi does most of the grocery shopping. He loves tim tams and all types of candy

i think his bad eating habits are affecting me eating habits =(

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 10:31:46 PM
Author: cindygenit
Lol my fi does most of the grocery shopping. He loves tim tams and all types of candy

i think his bad eating habits are affecting me eating habits =(
Well if my hubby buys something bad he puts it away so I don''t see it because he knows how important it is for me not to have those things around. I have him buy me cucumbers, salad, carrots, healthy pop popcorn, healthier snacks. For me out of sight out of mind. Also if you are just bored, go for a walk; sometimes if I do that then I am no longer hungry. Also snack on fruit.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a good idea!

I''ll have him put is stash of candy out of reach for me i so i won''t even know it''s there =)

He also got me hooked on celery with peanut butter. Dam that man!
25.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Make yourself a giant pitcher of homemade lemonade...

2 lemmons
2 tbs of simple syrup
1 gallon of water

Each time you go to the fridge to snack on something, just pour yourself something to drink instead.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 11:57:33 PM
Author: mayachel

2 lemmons
2 tbs of simple syrup
1 gallon of water

Each time you go to the fridge to snack on something, just pour yourself something to drink instead.

Great advice. This recipe sounds delicious, too.
Drinks fill me up so quickly--skim milk does it for me. I also keep a lot of crunchy yet healthy snacks in the house, because for whatever reason it''s that crunch that I''m always looking for when I want a snack.
My favorites are:
- Pickles (Claussen whole are the best! The minis are really delicious.)
- Celery
- Carrots
- Cucumber salad--sliced cucumbers with a touch of low-fat ranch dressing and some chopped dill. Yum.
- Popcorn, but not the microwave kind because that''s horrible for you and it''s not nearly as good as home-popped.
- Iceberg lettuce. This may sound weird, but it is so good! I once read about a mom who brings heads of lettuce on road trips for her kids to much on, and she said they devoured it so I gave it a try. It''s so refreshing, and crunchy.

Perfect Popcorn:
- Heat 1.5 tbsp of Canola oil in a 4 quart saucepan on medium heat
- Throw in 4 popcorn kernels, and cover until all four kernels pop.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels, put to the side.
- Have a small pat of butter and salt (to taste, not much necessary though) ready, too.
- When the 4 kernels pop, add in the butter, salt, and 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels to the sauce pan, cover, remove from heat for 30 seconds. (This gives the kernels time to get hot enough to pop, but not so hot that some of them will burn once they start popping. This step is key, don''t skip it!)
- Put saucepan back on heat, and cover with the lid slightly askew to let out some steam. Don''t leave a gap large enough for the popcorn to fly out, only a sliver opening is necessary. Shake it back and forth to rotate the kernels.
- Keep on the heat until the popping really slows down. If you do it right, you shouldn''t have any unpopped kernels left.
- Dump it immediately into your popcorn bowl so it doesn''t burn.
- Enjoy!

These steps look far more complicated all written out, it''s really super easy to make, and DELICIOUS! Mmmm. I make this every Monday for us to eat while we watch The Bachelorette.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 11:57:33 PM
Author: mayachel

2 lemmons
2 tbs of simple syrup
1 gallon of water

Oh! sounds nice =)

Haven, Thanks for the recipe! It sounds yummy =) I don't watch bachelorette but i will make that for when i watch Masterchef Australia!!! Hahaha That show is great! (just mute all the drama and reality bits)

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of you mention that you have 100cal snacks- what are you favourite fill you up snacks for 100 cals?

At the moment I am loving an Scottish brand of biscuits called Nairns Oatcake Biscuits (either stem ginger or fruit). They are quite oaty and not overly sweet and help fill you up for longer than normal biscuits do. Two biscuits is 86cal and 1.2g sat fat (1.5 WW points).

I''ve also just bought some tomato flavoured rice cakes to go with salads at lunch and to snack on. They are 86 cals and 0.2g sat fat (also 1.5WW points) (although I''ve just realised that if I take 1g out of the packet then they work out at 1WW point).

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm i only eat one brand of 100 cal snacks, and that''s Uncle Toby''s bodywise snack bars... It''s like a muesli thing with fruit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results