shape
carat
color
clarity

How to set this opposed bar rhodolite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just told you all about the sale and I just got this opposed bar(wanted one for so long) rhodolite, first column, second row.

Now any ideas on how to set it? White/yellow, ring/pendant? He sent extra pictures. He says it's actually a medium pink, not as dark in the photo. It's got this neat barrel profile.

Thanks.

http://www.clearcutgems.com/Page5.html

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
tried to attach other photo

didn't work

rhodolite o.b..jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably go with some accent diamonds along the longer sides set N/S, design similar to TL''s YG aqua ring (at least I think that''s her''s). Can''t specify metal choice until you get it and post your own pics, but I think it could work in any color of gold.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may have only seen 1 opposed bar set stone set in a ring so I’m of no help. I have to say that I’m partial for it being set as a pendant N/S in a bar setting.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Ah, Chrono you always come through. Thanks so much. :)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
you have an extra . in your file name. rhodolite o.b..jpg instead of rhodolite o.b.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, is that why it didn''t show up !

Thanks Kis.

Now it says the file is too big. Have to go learn how to fix that.

I have this cool photo of the barrel profile I want to put up for you all.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
HERE you can see TL''s yellow gold aqua and diamond ring I mentioned, in case you''re not sure which one I''m talking about. Just scroll down to her post on that page. I think something similar might be great for your rhodolite. You can even have diamonds follow the curved profile of your stone along the sides.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ma Re. That is a Great idea !!! Really.

That thread also had lots of great eye candy.

Thank you sooo much. :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this one Sonoma?

I agree with the other I can only see it in a pendant, but let me peek around for some ideas.

sonomabar 1009.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some ideas, kinda have the same feel as your oppose bar. Ideas from coffin&trout

ct ew setting dt 01.JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonoma, your new Rhodi is gorgeous! and I do like that "Mistral" setting. It has a very pretty under gallery.

I have an opposed bar Aqua and it''s set traditionally - north/south. It''s a sixty eight year old rose gold ring that was hand made in Italy. It was orginally given to my mother as a gift for her Confirmation.

IMG_0913.aqua.JPG

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DT, GG & MTG.

D&T - Yes, that one DT. Thanks for putting up the photo - so much. I tried and was not able to do it. Settings are pretty but a little too busy/loud for me. Thanks so very much, still.

GG- how wonderful is your ring & it's history. Way cool.

MTG - you nailed it. Yep, that is a strong contender !

Do rhodolites go in white or yellow gold? He had sent me other pictures and he says it's actually a medium pink, not as dark as the photo.

Thanks so much, dear helpful, knowledgeable friends.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If it''s medium pink I probably wouldn''t use yellow gold so that it doesen''t overpower the (possibly) delicate color of your stone. So it''s either WG or RG. If, when you get it, you see a hint of grey in it''s color you might steer away from WG, at least when it comes to parts nearest to the stone itself - WG might bring that unwanted element out. Some folks like medium pinks in RG, but it depends on the exact shade of your stone and the desired effect/planned design. You can also always go with a two-tone setting, especially if you end up indecisive.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Update: It arrived today. It''s not a med pink but more the color of the picture that D&T so kindly put up.

The color is fine but the cut is an absolute blast. I tell you, this stone is so much fun. The rolling flash in it performs like no other cut.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh, can''t wait to see your beauty shots of the stone,
Oh yeah I forget about the mistral setting, I personally like low key settings too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to pictures!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds really pretty. I see it as a pendant but I really really like the ring Gemgirl posted. That''s the setting I''d try for. Guess I like a classic look. TFS!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like this ring by Hans Meevis a lot.

Hans Meevis solitaire-tourmaline-ring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results