shape
carat
color
clarity

How to insure diamond when setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TJGWRB

Rough_Rock
I just bought a diamond that I will have set by a seperate jeweler (with whom I bought the setting). Should I have some form of insurance or reciept from the guy that is setting my stone. I"m not sure how that works. Please help.

Neal

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Neil/Denverappraiser and Jeff at Jeweler''s Mutual have worked out one angle on this; not sure anyone understands it as well as them, and it''s not documented perhaps as well as it might be, but you can read about it here. Since the arrangement is only provisional, maybe nothing more should be done, but a piece in the FAQs, or the "book" may be helpful, meanwhile. Really, an item in the journal could be best; maybe Jeff could be asked to write it.

I think the solutions involved a one year agreement with Jeweler''s Mutual, where the shop you work with also, separately, for this idea to work, has a binder with them.

Hope this may be helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results