shape
carat
color
clarity

how to include wedding website with invite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Our wedding website has all the info about travel/hotels, registry, etc and we included this info on our save the dates. probably about 70% of our guests are coming from out of town so we wanted them to have as much info now for planning.

The person at the invitation store said we should include our wedding website information with our invitation. we would not put it on the actual invitation- but as an additional insert. is this what others have done?

We were just going to have the wedding website on our direction card (the ceremony is a bit tricky to get to so we really have to have a direction card with the invite), but we were recommended against this because no one looks at the directions card until they actually need it on the day of the wedding- and afterwards it gets tossed or left in the car, whatever.

Pay the money for a nicely printed wedding website card to match the invite and reply card? Print our own and then not have it match the invitation/reply? or incorporate the wedding website info some other way?

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
I put ours on our STD cards....is that an option or have you already sent them out?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
We put them on the save the dates. However since they were sent out 7 months before the wedding- we assume lots of people would not keep them after writing the date in their calenders.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We included the information in our invite packet but not on our main invite. On reception insert. We had our ceremony and reception in the same place so we had the reception insert blank (we included "reception to follow" on the invite) so we had blank insert for whatever we wanted. Worked out well. We didn''t send out STDs (long story).

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
we put it on the direction card and sent out a save the date email with it. People found it no problem.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
We''re including an "information sheet" with directions, nearby hotels, and putting the wedding website prominently on that. I always look through these when I get them.

InLoveinSF

Rough_Rock
Our friends printed just the website address on this semi-transparent paper ribbon (if that makes sense) that they purchased at Michael''s and wrapped it around the invitations. It sounds like it was a bit involved, but it was cheap, looked really stylish and I noticed it right away. :) Since the website was the groom''s last name, I remembered it easily, so it was ok that I threw away the "ribbon" when I opened the invitation.

Hope that helps!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
We had a reception enclosure that said:

Please join us for dinner, dancing, and merriment
Following the ceremony
At Venue Name

For accomodations, directions, and more, please visit
www. the website .com

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I'm another one that put it at the bottom of our "Map/Directions Card". (We didn't have our website set-up when we sent out the STD's)

I only got calls from maybe 3 of my friends asking which hotel everyone was staying at, out of the 2 on the website. Everyone found it just fine.

ETA:
I believe our wording was: "For additional information and accomodations please visit www.wedding website.com"

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
My invitation packet will have one main invite (the ceremony) and three inserts - RSVP card, Reception card, and one titled "Information". On this last card, there is a comment saying something along the lines of, "For additional information including directions and lodging, please visit our website at [email protected]"

Of course, there is more info on this site than just directions and lodging....we included "About Us," some e-pics, our registry, etc.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I just realized my photographer makes complimentary business cards with one of our engagement pictures- usually used to give to people at or after the wedding so they know where to go to find our online pictures. The example she gave me had a couples pic and names/date on the front. Then on the back it says "Thank you for being part of our day. Please visit our website: weddingphoto website.com.

The only thing that is a bit cheesy is our photographer adds her company name, address, and website at the very bottom in light writing for a bit of press. She makes these for free to use as we want and said many include them in their thank you notes so people know where to go to see all the wedding photos.

She said we could write our personal wedding website on the back & use them for invites, but her logo will still be on the bottom. Should we include these?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
We printed our website and pw for it on our STD''s. Our wedding is on 10.10.10 which is both a holiday weekend for some and peak foliage for the area, so we needed to ensure our guests secured accommodations immediately. We also included a separate card listing accommodations, so guests didn''t have to log-in to the site if they didn''t want to. We printed everything ourselves on our HP printer and they turned out beautifully! Now, if I could only figure out how to shrink it I could post it here!

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 12:25:06 AM
Author: Miya03
I put ours on our STD cards....is that an option or have you already sent them out?

Ditto

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 11:51:21 AM
Author: pinki

Date: 1/24/2010 12:25:06 AM
Author: Miya03

Ditto
That simply may not be enough.

We''ve found that simply including the website on the STDs didn''t do it justice because people may have tossed it by the time the invitation or wedding for that matter, arrives.

After we got engaged and set a date we initially sent an email with our website info to whoever we had email addresses for, which is a lot of our guests. We then included the website info on our STDs that went out a few months later. Despite that, I''ve still had calls from people asking for the website info AGAIN. So in our invitation packets, the third insert that''s titled "Guest Information" will not only include simple directions from ceremony to reception, but also hotels w/numbers AND the website at the bottom.

We have detailed driving instructions for people who will be arriving from MA and NY as well as parking info. But I''m telling you, if I have to give someone the website information again, I will scream. :)

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results