shape
carat
color
clarity

How to get sharp ring photos??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rmkwebdesign

Rough_Rock
Hey! So many of you have posted really nice pictures of your rings, and the best I can get of my fiancée''s new e-ring come out relatively blurry. Any suggestions?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Can you locate macro mode on your menu? That is the best for detail work. Mine also has a collection option. When I photo for ebay I find messing with the WHITE BALANCE/ light meter also helps. My camera has pictures of sun, shade, incandescent, fluorescent lighting options. This enables you to set the lighting to your conditions. You can shoot one of each or at least look at each as it appears in your view box...choose what is most similar to actual lighting in the room/area that you photographing. The more you play with that feature it will become apparent what selection is best. Your final piece shouldn''t be green...or dark...or have a weird shade of pink. It is does...the White Balance is to blame.

There is something called EV shift that can be helpful in back light and fore lighting...but most PSers prefer to use sunlight for the source. You may have a desk lamp that is fluorescent...it would be useful...if you get all your other elements measured right.

For now...I would suggest playing with macro mode...and the White Balance.

DKS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In addition to DKS''s advice, I would also say many have had success in rigging up a tripod when photographing diamonds, also try to keep the sun behind you when shooting outdoors.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also notice that my photos sometimes look better once they''re uploaded to my computer. I usually take a ton and then pick through them for the best ones to upload to PS. Only the best for my PS friends...

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And how do you resize them to fit into Pricescope''s requirements? I can''t download a thing now.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/6/2007 6:42:55 PM
Author: gemgirl
And how do you resize them to fit into Pricescope''s requirements? I can''t download a thing now.

Gemgirl, Go to the "FAQ" section and there is a great thread by Belle on how to reduce and upload pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results