shape
carat
color
clarity

how to deal with designers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chowchowlover

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking for a special setting for cushion diamond that I bought recently. I want to look for a designer that has high quality craftmanship and nice simple designs. Any good suggestions on where I should start? Also, what should I be careful of when I deal with designers directly? Is is safe to send the stone off like that? Are there any precautions I can take??

By the way, I''ve spent the whole afternoon reading what poeple have posted on this forum and I really found a lot of good suggestions. Extremely helpful group.

Thanks in advance!
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
MARK MORRELL. He is worth the wait and the money. Without question, you can NOT top him.

mwmjewelry.com I think. You have to have your stone sent to an appraiser who will send to him. He will not accept stones direct.

chowchowlover

Rough_Rock
thanks for the suggestion. i did look at mark''s website and i like his work a lot, but unfortunately time is not something that i have... i will email him and see what he can do. so sending it to an appraiser and then to him is safe?? has anyone had any experience with this type of transaction... what should i be careful of?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not only safe, the only option. I recommend Richard Sherwood or Dave Atlas if you are east coast.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have shipped my ring off twice. once to an appraiser and once to Quest Jewelers for a custom setting. Going through an independant appraiser is a great idea, they can appraise your stone, send it for the setting, the designer sends it back to the appraiser, they verify it''s the same stone, do an updated appraisal and ship it back to you. what type of time frame are you looking at?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen great work posted by quest. I don''t know how fast they are though.

chowchowlover

Rough_Rock
hmmm... appraiser, that sounds like what i need. is there any particular organization or place that anyone would recommend? i''m in the east coast, so an appraiser in my area would be preferable...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is a list of recommended appraisers on the homepage here
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results