shape
carat
color
clarity

How to change a pic to 96 X 96 pixels for avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I am playing around with pics, cropping and resizing..but unsure how to get the pic to these specifications for an avatar. Anyone know how this is easily done? Thanks

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
What software are you working in?

I actually just use Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I first crop it to a perfect square, which is tricky to do because you have to make sure that it is the same number of pixels in each dimension which is tough with just a mouse. Then when you go to resize it, you can specify a custom height and width or 96x96.

I know that works, but in general, what ever software you are using, that method of making it square then putting in a custom height and width should work. If you have more questions, just let us know!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Beau - do you have Photoshop? If you do...you can just crop your image as close to a square as you can,

then click:

image > image size > check constrain proportions > pixel dimensions (height/width) select pixles > 96 x 96

done!
3.gif

did that work?
33.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals..I am waiting for Photoshop to arrive (damd Purolator man, where is he?)
Once I get it, then I will have loads of fun with my pics..I just thought in the meantime, there was an easy solution to changing the size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results