shape
carat
color
clarity

How to Ask Father for Permission

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scott_Topps

Rough_Rock
My question is how to ask my girlfriend''s father for permission. My girlfriend and I both live in Omaha, we are both from Kansas City, and met at School and have been dating for 3 years. We have discussed getting married extensivly and have all but set the date. The last piece to this puzzle is my asking her father and then asking her. My problem is that I want to do this in person, but with my busy work schedule, I rarely get a chance to visit home. This is further complicated by my wanting to this before August. Is it acceptable to call her father and have the talk over the phone?

Thanks!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely...he should understand the travel constraints. Be sure you emphasize how much you would''ve liked to have done it in person, but that time and work wouldn''t allow it. Just put your best foot forward and speak from your heart. Best of luck to you!

Harleigh

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you can call! My FI called my mom since she lives on another continent. It was fine!

Key thing: make sure you tell him why you want to marry his daughter (aka, all the things you think are wonderful about her), what good care you''ll take of her, and tell him how excited you are to join his family or something like that. This stuff scored MAJOR points for FI with my parents.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results