shape
carat
color
clarity

How to Age a European Cut Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

daigk

Rough_Rock
I was recently given a European Cut diamond ring by my boyfriend. According to him, it has been in his family for 80-100 years. I''ve recently had it appraised, but was wondering if there is anyway to determine a diamond''s age?

Any thoughts would be great!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey daigk
35.gif
welcome to ps!

you can be sure your diamond is at least a couple million years old
31.gif

seriously, if the diamond is in it''s original setting, a good appraiser will be able to date the age of the ring within the last century.
best of luck to you!
we would love to see some pics!

daigk

Rough_Rock
It''s not in it''s original setting as it has been passed back and forth betweenboth men and woman in the family. It''s currently in a 14 karat white gold setting. I''ll try to get a pix tonight and post it in the next several days.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the older cuts...they are just so charming. i can''t wait to see yours! will you have it reset?

daigk

Rough_Rock
Not right away. We are going to incorporate it into an engagement ring in the future and then I will have to get a new setting as they''ll be additional diamonds and/or gemstones added.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome! i hope you will get to share the progress with us. it's fun to see dreams turn into reality.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
An appraiser or professional familiar with the old cuts can usually estimate to within a decade or so of when the diamond was cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results