shape
carat
color
clarity

How sweet and thoughtful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Today I received an email from an ex-coworker... she got promoted and here I am... feeling left behind with my career.
So I call my bf to tell him how upset I was... and I vent. Now what... I really don''t want to be in a bad mood... we were
suppose to have a date tonight (dinner & movie). I pout... I''m upset... I feel like a brat.
20.gif

He comes home... "Helloooo, anybody home...?" I hear him call me in the sweetest tone. I was lurking through PS... when
I see him coming into the bedroom. I see him with a shopping bag... I ask him "Did you get me something to make me feel better?". He says: "I got you a wedding **** (pulling it out of the bag) and an ice tea to make you feel better." awwwwwwwwwww
how sweet was that... boys just surprise us don''t they!
9.gif

Got to go... I have to get ready now. Ciao!

PS: SJS I had to think of you... when your bf bought you magz for $30.
41.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
lolol!!!!!!!!! We are taking over the world with our lingo... next thing you know, you''ll hear the cashier talking about the new shipment of wedding ****!!
lol.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
That''s funny GG!!! Honestly first I was kinda taken a back... but thought it was really funny the way he said it! He actually learned that lingo reading through our posts and he liked it. Little things that make us happy... the wedding **** LOL
9.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
Hearts - that is so sweet!
my birthday is on the 19th and my fiance (i just love saying that) asked me what i wanted, and since we live so far apart and won''t see him i asked for Wedding **** subscriptions. needless to say, he was speechless until I explained what that was. HA HA HA

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
LOL... that''s too funny Palmbaybabe... I guess he wasn''t able to figure out what those two words meant... I bet he thought at first it was something like a "Playboy Bride Magazine"...
9.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
LOL it took a minute for me to figure out wedding **** actually meant wedding magazines. i read your story and thought, ''ewww!'' how the heck is that considered sweet?!

hahahah DUH.

that is so very sweet! and i take it as a great sign!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Twinkletoes you crack me up girl... I agree it''s a *SIGN*.
36.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Playboy Bride Magazine!! lol. HOF, you just made my day. That is hillarious. The guy brain would see that on the shelf and completely short circuit. hahahhaha

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
HOF -- that was SO sweet of him!!! Any guy who will actually PURCHASE wedding **** is a TRUE keeper and in it for the long haul!!!!! And you didn''t even FORCE him to do it like I did!! I mean I got thirty bucks worth, but the purchase was made under direct order from a silly half-drunk wanna be future bride!

I hope you feel better!!!!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
That''s so cute HOF!! I told my fiance yeterday that since we are now officially engaged then I can start buying wedding **** w/out him thinking I''m obsessive and crazy... And then I came clean, that I was already buying the wedding ****, but now I don''t have to throw it under the the couch to hide when he comes in the room...
2.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Lovey: I''m glad I made you *smile*
9.gif
... but if I''m very honest I could be a ditz too, the first time I heard of that lingo I pictured it as a
"Playboy Bride Magazine" ....yikes.... yes I have to admit, that''s how I got the idea
3.gif

The guy brain would see that on the shelf and completely short circuit... exactly... LOL ...

SJS: I know I''m so lucky... he is a definite keeper forever... I was really surprised that he got it for me...
but I still love your story... $30 but very much worth it
31.gif

and yes, I feel much better now, thanks!
2.gif

Teebee: Your hillarious... LOL... I bet there are other ladies out there who see themselves in your story too
12.gif

I''m so happy for you... finally you can buy an official wedding ****
41.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
TB - That was me too! of course I would only buy a mag here and there but in the 2 no wait almost 3 weeks (it really doesn''t seem that long) I have been engaged (it is so much fun to say that) I bought every "wp" that is out!!! matter of fact the night that steve proposed I had to go the the 24 hr wal-mart to get a couple and then you know I had to have a new one for my flight home!!!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Way to go Palmbaybabe!!!
9.gif
By the way I hope that your niece''s head is better... what brave little girl.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
PalmBB, I forgot to say anything--I hope that little sweetie pie is on the mend!! (And hooray for upcoming subscription to wedding ****!! Woohoo!!)

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
Hearts & Blue - Thanks for thinking about my niece the little hooligan. falling off her bed cuz she was jumping on it, going to the hospital and getting staples in her head has not stopped her! she was over to my house tonight and she was jumping on my daughters bed, when she was told not to do that cuz she could fall off, hurt her head and have to go to the hospital again - her reply was " I like the hospital"

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Erin, what a tough cookie
41.gif
that little rascal
2.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Earlier this week I made dinner for my bf... set the table and created an agenda which I placed on his place matt.
This agenda was suppose to be for the next day which was his day off... I know this might sound corny but I just wanted
him to lighten up... he works so hard and long hours... anyhow it stated something like this:

SAVE THE DATE
Tuesday, January 18th, 2005
Occasion: BF Day Off

AGENDA

5:30am BF will work out (watch out your back)
------------> he hurt his back a week ago
14.gif

8:30am BF comes home with coffee
1.gif

8:35am BF takes a shower
8:45am I prepare breakfast “pancakes” yummy...
6.gif
0am BF & I enjoy breakfast together
9:20am I get ready
9:20am BF relax & watch TV... on the couch...
eventually BF falls asleep.... zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz
6.gif
0am BF gets ready
10:30am ready to go.......yeah......

To Do List

gloves
shoe tree
scented candles

and then some window shopping... maybe have a little snack... and have lots of fun together!

Have a lovely day... enjoy!!!
Baby, I love you!

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------> would you believe he really used it
This is a “Kiss Coupon” he's just geeky as I am... LOL...
9.gif

Cut this out to get a real kiss! MWAHHH first time he used it
---------------------------------------------------------- he pulled it out of his pocket...
it was all crumpled up

Unfortunately we weren't able to follow every step on the agenda... he got called in and he had to work half day.
However it was just something small I thought that would make his day. And it did... eventhough he had used that coupon...
he keeps it and reminds me that he still has it and that he can always use it... also when I'm PMSing
2.gif

And tonight I called him to tell him that I made some dinner... well shortly before I called he just ordered some chinese food for me to be sent home. So sweet, I remember him once saying... he would feel guilty ordering chinese food and eating by himself at work... when he knows I'm at home and I haven't eaten yet. What a keeper!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Def. keepers (both of you)! That todo list is the cutest thing.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOF!!!!! How wonderful! It''s daily care for one another like that that keeps a relationship alive--you guys are such a loving couple
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
This is just a very simple way to show him how special he is and that I''m so very thankful for being his gf...
he does so much for me and all I want is to give it back to him.

Thank you Cute330xigrl and Blueroses. (((big hugs))) to you both!
sharing lots of love to everyone

I''m so glad I found PS and all you LIW ladies... one day for sure I will be lurking into these threads and
it will put a huge smile on my face
9.gif
. This has become sort of my diary... I just love it!!!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Tonight we were suppose to have a dinner date... I called bf at work to check what our plans are... well he was in a bad mood... I guess had male PMS... so I told him he can call me back. He did - i didn't hear the phone ring... I was using the vacuum. He comes home... he knew he was not nice to me on the phone... so he apologized... he tells me the dinner date is off... I understand he's in a bad mood... but there is something else instead... he's taking me to a Celtics vs Magics game tonight. He wasn't sure if I will be ok with it... of course I'm OK with it I'd love to go, I've never been to a basketball game, awesome! So we have to get ready the game is at 7:30pm see ya later.
21.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you had fun at the game! So nice of him to realize that he hadn''t been so pleasant and to think up an outing that the two of you could go on together!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
It was so much fun. The Celtics won 112 - 100. Was close though. First he wasn''t really into it but at the end - he was one of the loudest cheering for the Celtics.
21.gif

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
HOF -- your bf is the sweetest guy ever -- buying you wedding ****!! I agree he''s definitely a keeper! You guys sound like you have so much fun! Yay!
36.gif

As far as wedding **** goes -- do any of you watch The Wedding Story on TLC? Well, there was this one a few years ago where on the day of her wedding, she posed for "boudoir" photos. It was sort of like wedding lingerie and just pushing the limit of skanky. Everytime I see "wedding ****," that''s the one thing I think of!! I guess it''s the closest thing to "Playboy Bride" I can think of!
11.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Actually, on the wedding **** tangent, there actually WAS an issue of Playboy some years ago where the theme with the cover girl was all bride-y lingerie. Ew!!!

(The only reason I actually know this is that the model was Shauna Sand--the woman who married, and later divorced, Lorenzo Lamas. She went to my elementary school--in my sister''s class--and her sister scratched my face and accused me of stealing her ballet shoes seconds before we went on stage when we performed "The Wiz" in a recital when I was 6 years old!! The nerve!!)

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Wcitygirl: BF is a very sweet and thoughtful man. And I love that little boy inside him too
2.gif
. I just have so much fun with him. He is not just my BF he is my best friend (he says I'm his buddy). I just can be myself around him. He makes me feel so comfortable and secure. He is a keeper!
I do watch The Wedding Story on TLC (I have to admit I also watch The Perfect Proposal) and sometimes the story make me cry (I just get so happy for them eventhough I don't know the couple). Oh well, it's not that I'm cheezy but it does get to me... all the emotions shown on that show is just too overwhelming sometimes. And deep in my heart I really want it so bad for myself. I know it will happen one sweet day but it seems I just have so many hurdles to jump over.

The other day we ordered chinese food, I opened my fortune cookie and it said:
"Although it feels like a roller coaster now, life will calm down."
That's how it really feels lately but I'm fine. Thanks to you ladies!

By the way, good thing I never saw that wedding story with that skanky bride. What people do to get attention. It's sad! Oh well, but if I think of a "Playboy Bride" I think of Britney Spears. Did you see one of her pic on her wedding day. One of her wedding dress was so short and tight you could see her bumm. So tacky! Well she can wear anything she wants (well that's what celebrities think) as long as she thinks she looks good.

Blueroses: Ewwwwwwwwww tacky b!%$&! Cheap! The nerve of that little witch!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOF, you are so right--tackytacky
11.gif
And I TOTALLY concur about that BUTT-short dress Britney wore for her reception....just el skanko.

I love hearing about your and your bf....that''s the best, when you just have fun hanging out together
30.gif
30.gif
Love that.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
HOF -- when I was typing my response -- I was TOTALLY thinking of "Brit" -- I even emailed my friends when she got married and said: OMG -- you''re supposed to be beautiful and virginal (or at least LOOK it) on your wedding day (at least, that''s my bridal "vision...") -- not skanky. Not only did she look terrible because she was all skanked out, but it looked like she hadn''t bathed in a few days. I wanted to give her hair a good scrubbin''. Hahahaha.

It''s so great to be able to have such nice relationships! I''m so glad all the lovely ladies here seem to have such great guys! My bf''s new "mantra" (it''s so funny to use the word mantra when referring to anything bf says because he''s such a guys'' guy. ANYWAY.) his new mantra is "Most of our worries do not come to fruition." (I secretly think he pulled that out for me since I''m such a worry wart.)

But, I wish peace to all PS gals -- because, remember, Most of Our Worries Don''t Come to Fruition and it will happen someday!!!
9.gif
I just wish I could look at WP in front of my bf! Part of me wants to be evil
11.gif
and just bust one out and see what happens! hahahahaha.

My fav. Wedding Story was the one where they were doing a medieval wedding and they were SO SO into it -- like they REALLY thought they were from way back when! It was sort of funny.

Blueroses: You should have pushed her off stage.
11.gif
Hahahaha. How rude that little girl was....

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Wcitygirl: LOL I forgot all about the oily hair. So gross! Disgusting! I love your BF''s mantra it''s so true though! We have to give your BF credit. From a guys'' guy perspective that''s deep. I''ve always loved WP. I loved going through them at stores without buying them. I''m so lucky I never got yelled at for not buying one eventhough I''ve been reading them. I just never felt ready until I met BF. The first time I bought one I had to hide it from BF. But one time I was caught off guard. He came home sooner than I thought and I forgot that I left it on the dining table. Busted! I was so embarrassed. I didn''t know what to say. He didn''t say a word... later at night I saw him on the couch reading the magazine. He even told me how informative a wedding magazine can be. Hear hear! And he really liked the colorful pictures.
9.gif
Eversince I just felt I didn''t have to hide my WP. He even bought me one!

I love all the stories I read about all LIW. OK, sometimes there are some frustrations but luckily we have each other to vent. We are so fortunate to have such a strong support group.

That''s one of my favorite Wedding Story too. Wasn''t it magical. They seem to be a fun couple. I was so happy for them. And you could just tell how much fun everyone had. It was a very unique wedding.

Blueroses: You should have pushed her off stage. Hahahaha. How rude that little girl was.... LOL

Anyone watching the Bachelorette?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results