shape
carat
color
clarity

How soon is too soon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
My BF and I are planning on getting engaged this November/December. He''d like to ask my parents'' permission first. We''ve decided we''d like to talk with them together and later take them to dinner (pending they give us their blessing that is!) We''d like to talk to them before we seriously start shoppiing for rings. Is talking to them in mid-September too early? Or should it be closer to the actual proposal?? Thanks!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would say that really depends on the family. It also depends on how long you ahve been going out, when you plan on getting married so on and so forth. Are your parents fairly traditional? If so you may not want to be there when he asks for their blessing.
Good Luck!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Did you mean how soon is too soon in terms of length of dating before engagement or between the asking of permission and looking for rings? Considering how complicated it can be to look at rings, so many options, waiting to find the right thing, and perhaps waiting to get a setting in, etc...I''d say it is not too soon to start that process and have him ask permission. My friend''s bf asked her parents permission in June and she knew about it, and then he proposed in December. He did everything on his own, basically, and spent a lot of time looking for just the right stone. So maybe it also depends on how picky you are
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s too soon either. I think that the whole process of finding the stone and setting can take quite a while. September is perfect as you want to get engaged in November or December. The earlier the better, IMHO. Good luck.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
These ladies already said it but my answer to your question was another question. Do you want to be WEARING your ring in November/December?! If so, September is absolutely not too soon to be asking permission!!!!! It does take awhile to find the right stone, setting, etc!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I don''t think it''s too early at all to talk w/ your parents. My bf asked my parents in April or May? (he stills thinks I don''t know!
3.gif
) and we''re not engaged yet- though SOON!

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies!

Just to clarify, yes, I do plan on having the ring in November/December. We''ve been dating for about a year, and I wasn''t sure if that was long enough not to scare the parents away from the concept of our engagement. During my *last* engagement
20.gif
we dated for more than four years before getting engaged! I didn''t plan on waiting that long again. Plus this time I "know" it''s meant to be, ya know?
2.gif

I''ll keep you posted!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results