shape
carat
color
clarity

how soon before the wedding did you get your dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
if you remember, i was supposed to go for my final fitting two weeks ago. he wasn''t done, but i smiled and said i would be back on friday, sept. 25. i went in, got measured this past friday, and we set up that i would come in today to try on the dress as he would work on it all weekend long to make sure it was perfect, then be picked up to take for pressing on tuesday.

i got a call this afternoon from my tailor that he has not yet TOUCHED my dress. he was calling to let me know he had some personal problems to take care of and that my dress wouldn''t be done this afternoon. he asked that i come in tomorrow, and then pick it up wednesday.

i refused. i told him i was picking the dress up tonight whether it was finished or not. he could tell i was very upset, and i said i need my money back, and that i plan on going elsewhere. when i said that, whatever he was supposed to do this afternoon obviously wasn''t as important and he told me i can come tonight and he will work on it this afternoon to make sure its good. the only thing that won''t be done is the bustle.

i''m obviously really angry. not only is he now 2 weeks late, but he lied. i''m kind of stuck since its now the week of my wedding and i don''t even know how to begin looking elsewhere. supposedly the dress will be done tonight, but now i''m worried it''s going to be a rushed job.

i just want my dress :*(

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ugh i don''t have any advice but i hope everything works out
7.gif
that guy is a major jerk, sounds like he won''t be getting much business thrown his way for awhile

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
what an a-hole! i''m sorry you are going through this. and the week of your wedding too. what nerve. that guy should know you have a ton to do and for him to put this added stress on you in totally uncalled for. i''d be
29.gif

i hope it all works out for you. i''d start looking/calling around for a back up person though just in case...

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I feel SO frustrated for you. I am not surprised that you are furiousl I would be too. It is totally unacceptale for them to not have even touched your dress the week of the wedding.

I think he should do the alterations free of charge!!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 3:18:20 PM
Author: dani2142
what an a-hole! i''m sorry you are going through this. and the week of your wedding too. what nerve. that guy should know you have a ton to do and for him to put this added stress on you in totally uncalled for. i''d be
29.gif

i hope it all works out for you. i''d start looking/calling around for a back up person though just in case...
he asked if i could come tomorrow- umm, i''m still working this week. i have my hair appointment to get my highlights retouched and a trim tomorrow after work. so then he said wednesday...again, i''m working, and i have a waxing appointment am making my favors. so then thursday...i''m off, but i have some final stuff to do, plus my mani/pedi and facial. all this stuff has been booked for weeks!

i still have to get my dress pressed too! i called the cleaners who actually specialize in pressing/prepping wedding gowns- they asked me to have it there tomorrow evening for it to be completed on this friday, which i told him on last friday!

i''m not a bridezilla, it''s just that the world can''t revolve around this guy! not when he has had my dress for 3 1/2 months!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I''m sorry!!
7.gif
That is totally unacceptable for him to not have touched your dress when he''s had it so long!! Seriously, you should put up a stink and refuse to pay the full amount he''s asking. There is no acceptable reason for him to be giving you the run around so close to your wedding date!
29.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
No advice for you
7.gif
just sad that you have to deal with this and be stressed out the week of your wedding! My friend kind of had a similar situation, only hers was just in for a bustle. They didn''t touch her dress for a month and then when she went to pick it up, they had no idea where the dress even was. They found it in back. She obviously didn''t pay and just took it home. Her mom can sew (quite well), and she had a really simple dress, so her mom just did a quick 3-button bustle, but she was super stressed out over the whole incident.

I hope this situation gets resolved! And I''d definitely make sure you ask for a discount...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would at least call around to other tailors and see if any can fit you in just in case. I certainly wouldn''t take this guy at his word.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
well, i went in to see how it looks. i wasn''t too pleased. he explained that his cousin had a heart attack and his mom had a fall yesterday. working in the nursing home industry, i had sympathy, but no empathy for that man. its about 1/2 way there. i''m supposed to go back tomorrow at 3pm to pick it up and take it to the cleaner. he promises that it will be done and beautiful.

i knew there would be a few more issues when i saw the dress today. since it is being taken down about 3-4 sizes i couldn''t tell what it would actually look like without someone holding it from the back. my back has a little more flab than i''d like (oh well) but now the front pouches at the bottom since my stomach is a bit flatter and doesn''t fill it out. i asked him to take some fabric in there as well as a bit more at the hips, so we''ll see. i could honestly tell he really felt bad. he is a very very good tailor, i think he just procrastinated and it caught him this time.

can i just get some dress dust, please???
20.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
TRUCKLOADS OF DUST headed your way!!! I think you''re handling this remarkably well, all things considered!!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
How annoying! But I agree with Thing/b> - I think you should source out another tailor just in case. I sympathise with the man, but really he shouldn''t have left it to the last minute in the first place. Definitely get a discount. Some people are good liars...

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 6:55:16 PM
Author: charbie
well, i went in to see how it looks. i wasn''t too pleased. he explained that his cousin had a heart attack and his mom had a fall yesterday. working in the nursing home industry, i had sympathy, but no empathy for that man. its about 1/2 way there. i''m supposed to go back tomorrow at 3pm to pick it up and take it to the cleaner. he promises that it will be done and beautiful.

i knew there would be a few more issues when i saw the dress today. since it is being taken down about 3-4 sizes i couldn''t tell what it would actually look like without someone holding it from the back. my back has a little more flab than i''d like (oh well) but now the front pouches at the bottom since my stomach is a bit flatter and doesn''t fill it out. i asked him to take some fabric in there as well as a bit more at the hips, so we''ll see. i could honestly tell he really felt bad. he is a very very good tailor, i think he just procrastinated and it caught him this time.

can i just get some dress dust, please???
20.gif

********DRESS DUST***********
i''m sorry you are having to deal with this but i have a good feeling that everything will be better tomorrow! hopefully, he will burn the candle at both ends tonight!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
mucho dress dust!!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
29.gif
Things are not starting out well for you this week my dear. I am SO sorry! Hopefully that a$$ will pull through for you. But the others are right, he shouldn''t have put it off until the last minute, you should receive a discount, I''d say 50%, and you should call around just in case.

******DRESS DUST*******

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i''ve called other tailors and have one picked out just in case- she said she can do it for sure. the only issue is that i have to get it to the cleaners by tomorrow to get it pressed by friday. i''m going to touch base with the cleaner just in case i need a rush job to find out if it might be possible.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/28/2009 11:16:16 PM
Author: charbie
i''ve called other tailors and have one picked out just in case- she said she can do it for sure. the only issue is that i have to get it to the cleaners by tomorrow to get it pressed by friday. i''m going to touch base with the cleaner just in case i need a rush job to find out if it might be possible.

good luck girlie.... hope it all works out. i also saw your other post about your shoes. geez.... like you said, what else? take deep breaths and keep your head up. everything will come together. promise. can''t wait to see your beautiful wedding pics :0)

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
charbie! oh no! i''m sure they''ll do a good job and it''ll turn out perfectly but you certainly didn''t need the additional stress (and i saw the shoe thread too!). i''m 100% positive that you''ll be a stunning bride though.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh charbie! i hope you were able to get your dress, that sounds terrible what your alterations man is putting you through
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results