shape
carat
color
clarity

How should the dress feel when you''re sitting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
So I had a second fitting yesterday (no pics, sorry but there''s still some work to be done). I was able to walk, and was able to sit, but I felt constricted. I asked the seamstress to give me a 1/4 inch in the bust and in the upper legs/thighs so it''s not tight when sitting. But the rib cage area felt like it couldn''t bend. Like I''m forced to sit up straight. Does that sound like your experience?

Thanks,
Lisa

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2009 7:21:28 PM
Author:lliang_chi
But the rib cage area felt like it couldn''t bend. Like I''m forced to sit up straight. Does that sound like your experience?
That might be a good thing, yeah?
2.gif

My dress was far from structured, so I can''t help you there. If you''re not comfortable, get it fixed.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
My dress is a corset and it was fine when i tried it.

Mind you, she only laced it up at the back very quickly so it didn''t fit as tightly as it should have.

I would imagine that you have to sit perfectly straight if your dress has a corset top!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Really tight and uncomfortable?
3.gif
I plan on sitting as little as possible. My train has so much fluff, it''ll be hard maneuvering around it...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
mine too felt like i will have to sit up straight which is fine by me as i tend to look slimmer when i have good posture haha. I also cannot look down much or i will trip over the front of my dress. They are raising it up a bit but it will still be tough to remember!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to sit up really straight in mine as well as it was a corset top too. It caused me no problems at all apart from when we were sitting down for dinner-it felt quite tight after I''d eaten a bit. Other than that I was standing for the majority of the day so it felt fine.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
mine had boning, it forced me to sit straight up... it wasn''t a problem because I didn''t want to be slouching inmy pics.

(and when I first saw the thread I had to do a double take because I thought there was an "h" in there...)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 4:55:43 PM
Author: tlh
mine had boning, it forced me to sit straight up... it wasn''t a problem because I didn''t want to be slouching inmy pics.

(and when I first saw the thread I had to do a double take because I thought there was an ''h'' in there...)

omg i almost peed my pants laughing when i figured out what you meant

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 5:17:31 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved

Date: 9/23/2009 4:55:43 PM
Author: tlh

(and when I first saw the thread I had to do a double take because I thought there was an ''h'' in there...)

omg i almost peed my pants laughing when i figured out what you meant
yeah, I had whiplash from my double take!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow TLH, that''s HILARIOUS!!! I figured out what you meant and yup that''d be an *ODD* post. Probably not the weirdest PS post, but definitely up there.

Okay so from the sounds of it, most structured dresses are going to be sort of "good posture required." I did ask her to give me about 1/4" room so hopefully it''ll help. I also B.O.O.Z.E.D. it up the night before so was probably bloated from that. I hope the dress won''t be TOO big...
14.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure. I wore a corset with boning under my dress and at no time did I feel uncomfortable. maybe get a 2nd opinion from another seamstress?

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
My dress was comfortable when sitting. I had to sit up a bit straighter than usual, but I didn''t feel like I was in a straightjacket or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results