shape
carat
color
clarity

how reliable is HCA grading??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karissa

Rough_Rock
My ring scored a 1.5 on the Hca grading. i''m guessing that is good. but I am just curious as to how reliable this grading is.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hca doesn''t ''grade'' anything, but it gives an estimate of cut quality based on proportions and the results are only as accurate as the measurements that are entered.
2.gif

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
That's a good score. I used the HCA also, but my AGS numbers were different from my SARIN numbers:
AGS Specs: depth 60.8, table 56.5, crown 35.1, pavilion 40.9 = HCA Score 2.1 (very good)
Sarin report: depth 60.7, table 56.6, crown 35, pavilion 40.8 = HCA Score 1.5 (excellent)

Now, I have no idea which is more accurate, my AGS cert or the Sarin Report (I'm guessing AGS). I made a list of stones i was looking at on this site and had Brian from Whiteflash look at them for me. Turns out that this stone performed great to him and thats what I went with. I would suggest having someone look at the stone if you are buying over the internet, and pick out a few others you want them to compare it too. Seemed to be the best method to me after crunching numbers on several stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results