shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you talk?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 2:11:16 PM
Author: dixie94
Darn it, darn it, darn it!
I just posted and went to send it but it didn''t go through.

Anyway, the jist was to say THANKS for all the responses. You guys gave me lots of perspective and I do think that w/us it''s just a difference in communication styles, probably gender based. I am very happy w/him though, and I''m ready for us to live together, which will solve this whole problem!! I think I start to focus on the little things when I am overly stressed, as I''ve been feeling lately. I did bring that up though so we''ll see. I just don''t want to place too much focus on something that normally doesn''t bother me at all.

Thanks again!
Oh man, do I ever hear you there!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
We''re long distance, and we talk pretty much every day. Some days, he''s working overnight and it depends on how crazy it is at work whether or not he can call in the short window between 9 pm when my free cell phone minutes start and when I go to bed. But some days he''s so bored at work that he sends me an email saying "it''s 10 minutes til 9 when I can call you".

If we''re both home in the evenings, we''ll usually talk once when we get home around 5 or 6, and then around 9 until bedtime. Sometimes if we don''t have much to say, we''ll watch the same TV show together, or he''ll play X-box while I read or surf the web. Even if we aren''t talking, it''s kind of nice to have the other person at the end of the line for those "did you see that!?" moments.

During the day, we''ll email with varying frequency depending on how busy we are at work. I''ll usually always send him a text page good morning, unless I know he''s still sleeping, and some random joke pages throughout the day.

I guess writing that out, it seems like a lot of contact. It seems to work though. He''s the one I most want to talk to when I get home from work. I really wish he were here, but the phone is second best.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Married 22 years - known him for about 25 years. Unless there is some reason that we are away from a phone, we speak at least twice a day on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results