shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you talk to aging parents?

How often do you talk to your parents?

• Once a day

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • More than once a day (i.e., two or more times a day)

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Once a week

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • More than once a week (i.e., two or more times per week)

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Once a month

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • More than once a month (i.e., twice or more each month)

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Once a year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than once a year (... major holidays?)

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Less than once a year

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Some variable to be explained in the comments, i.e., every leap year, only in years that happen to b

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Circe: I can't believe you've had to go through this, no child should be treated like that by their parents (and all of you who've had difficult relationship are included), I'm glad you're trying to find a resolution and are being strong.

I talk to my parents pretty much everyday, either phonecalls, texting or seeing them in person. I talk to them more now I don't live with them lol. My Dad and I never saw eye to eye and still don't on most topics, when I moved out (to live with my BF, now Fiancé SQUEAK!) he went MENTAL. How could I do this to them? I was making the biggest mistake of my life, he kind of put me and my OH through hell. At the time I thought it would damage our relationship, turns out space is what Dad and I need as we're basically the same person and we're both too volatile to be around each other 24/7.

Looking back even though he put us through hell- he still helped us move house. He hired a van to help me shift my stuff, even though he disapproved of what I was doing, because he knew I needed his help. That's the kind of Dad he is. A few weeks ago we talked about when I moved out and he said he still didn't approve of it and the way we did it (mum & dad are both religious and did not like 'living in sin' thing), but he said he was proud that I was independent enough to make my own decisions and not be swayed by other peoples opinions, even his own, he said that's how he and mum wanted to raise me to be and I am- so they couldn't have done an entirely bad job :D

We take our dog to their house to be babysat 3 days a week so we see them both then (our dog is my Dads favourite thing in the whole world, he doesn't so much as look up to say hello to us in the morning, just takes the dog and shuts the door haha!) I also see my mum on my weekdays off pretty much every week, we get our hair done together, go shopping together; I see her all the damn time lol.

We also (OH and I) work with his mum and his step-dad. So yeah: we are constantly around our family and for the most part I love it, occasionally it gets a bit much but you just take the weekend off and its fine again on Monday.

Good grief sorry for the ramble! I just really love my parents and extended family.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don't really see my parents as aging parents I just see them as parents. I mean they are getting older but they don't need outside help or anything. My mother is 75 and still works. She's freelance and enjoys it. I talk to my mom nearly everyday and see her a couple times a week. She spends every Thursday afternoon with my daughter. I don't to my father only every other month or so. He's farther away and I only see him twice a year. Wish it was more. I see my mother in law a little more than I'd like to. She's around all day Saturday all day Sunday and Tuesday evenings. Oh well. She likes to be around her son ( my husband) as much as she can.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results