shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you take a shower with your DH?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Never, for two reasons. First, he gets up at 5 every day, and I don''t usually get up until 7, so I''m not getting up at 5 just to take a shower. Second, our master bedroom/bath has an open floor plan. So, there''s no door to the bathroom. Since he didn''t want to wake me up with his shower/shave noises at 5 every morning, he shares the bathroom down the hall with our son. So, even on the weekends, if we wanted to shower together, all of his stuff is in the other bathroom.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Never. Bathrooms and intimacy just don''t coexist in our world.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We do occasionally, but usually only on the weekends. If we're in a hurry it's annoying having to wait for one person to rinse off so you can get under the water.

Truthfully, I think we would shower/bathe together more often if we had a larger shower or tub. He's 6'7" and 250 pounds and I'm 5'9" and 140 pounds, so it's hard for both of us to fit--I mean, that's almost 400 pounds of people!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Every Day... for the past 5+ years.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 5:17:00 PM
Author: TheBigT

Date: 12/15/2009 5:06:53 PM
Author: Haven
Very rarely. I like my shower water to be scorching hot, and DH can''t handle the heat.
11.gif

Ditto.
thritto.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
When we''re on a couples vacation together, everyday. If we''re traveling (e.g. for a wedding or something) at least once. At home, less often. DH likes cooler showers than my taste, not to mention he hogs the water and I start shivering.

WannaBMrsH, such a cute story. it sounds very intimate and like it really works for you guys. Go you!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say it may sound creepy, but I really like this thread. I think its cute to see that others share this with their SO. I told A about this, and he just shook his head and said we are all a bunch of weirdos talking about this. He then asked if I wa ted to hop in the shower with him and get dirty...

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About once a month. I love it!

We''ll also shower together if we have to be somewhere and we lost track of time and only have like 30 minutes to get ready.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a weird Q.
9.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Never and it makes me sad. We have tried but we are both so big its not fun plus our shower is very European. This means its a tub with a shower head...and one small piece of glass that doesn''t keep the water inside the tub area. When one of us showers alone the entire bathroom gets soaked so you add another person and there would be a flood. We are looking at houses though and I am psyched about the new constructions with the huge glass shower built for two!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we''re on holidays we shower together quite often but at home we never do. Our shower is teeny tiny so it would be no fun having two people in there.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Rarely, usually only when we are feeling frisky. He works nights, so he gets home after I have already left for work. Plus I like my showers HOT, and he likes his barely lukewarm, which freezes me. We find a middle ground when we share but it's usually warmer than he likes because otherwise I start to shiver.

I like the snuggling and closeness, and he washed my back really good which is soooo relaxing. He thinks it's hilarious because he will pour the water over my face and I do something he calls "baby panic attack" - I start opening and closing my mouth, spitting out the water, and shaking my head to get it out of my eyes. I have no control over it, it seems, and he gets SUCH a kick out of it.
20.gif

ETA: I bet we couldn't even fit in the shower together now - my belly gets in the way for EVERYTHING.
39.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 5:09:47 PM
Author: Octavia
When we have a house, we''re going to put in dual showerheads so we can both be happy!

BIG DITTO! We can''t wait to have two shower heads, as we shower together several times per week. I turn him down for a shower date if I''m chilly b/c I want all the snuggly hot water to myself
1.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Quite often actually. Yesterday I told him to rinse my hair. It was so funny. He doesn''t do it the way I do and I tried to show him and he said it was more fun his way. My hair got rinsed. Usually there is nothing sensual going on, we just like each others company. He stands by the water and lets me use it as I need it. When we got in the shower yesterday he had already had one in the morning, but was taking another because he just got a haircut and so he was done much sooner than I was. I got the idea that we should wash each other. That could lead to some fun
31.gif

I told him to pay attention so he would know what to do. I told him that his "parts" seemed pretty cut and dry, but us women are particular about out cleanliness. I can''t wait for our next shower together!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
We like to shower together as much as possible. However, I really like the water to be super hot and DH likes it to be warm. His idea of warm is what I would call frigid waters. I try to sneak the temperature up but he can tell... I usually do it while he''s shampooing.
31.gif

Radiantquest, if you think that it''s fun for DH to rinse your hair - try asking him to put on your lipstick once! It is HILARIOUS! They totally can''t do it the way we can! DH is all dab dab dab and using the lipstick like a pencil...squinting like an artist in front of his Picasso. JUST COMICAL BEYOND BELIEF! ROFL material.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 9:16:33 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Rarely. Like I've said in other threads, I like my own space/privacy in the bathroom. I also hate being cold when we swap being under the showerhead.

Bathroom stuff is my stuff. I guess I don't like sharing.
1.gif
Pretty much this. FI would shower with me everyday if he could. I'm usually in too big of a hurry on weekdays and on weekends I consider it to be "my time." I get a nice long shower and I can tend to myself. Plus, (and this is probably way TMI) I don't like washing my derriere and other, ahem, personal areas in front of him. To me, it's always: okay wait till he closes his eyes to rinse out his shampoo aaaaaaand SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB SCRUB. That was definitely TMI. Sorry.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
We like to...but it always leads to
31.gif
so we dont as often as we'd like because it turns into a time issue. (Dont know how anyone could take a shower with each other and have in Not lead to
31.gif
). lol.

We tend to every weekend or when we have more time on our hands. Definitely not when we are in a rush to get out the door for work (especially since he leaves about 2 hours earlier than me, so I would need to get up early to shower with him. Boooh!)

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Never. Neither one of us wants to have to stand on the other side of the person under the shower head. It''s too chilly there.

I could see us taking them together more if we had 2 shower heads, but then we would run into the time issue...
2.gif
Taking a shower together will always end up taking longer than taking them separately.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I have been showering together every time we''re up at the same time since we started dating. I think I take maybe 2-3 showers a week without him.
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2009 2:24:35 PM
Author: NakedFinger
We like to...but it always leads to
31.gif
so we dont as often as we''d like because it turns into a time issue. (Dont know how anyone could take a shower with each other and have in Not lead to
31.gif
). lol.

We tend to every weekend or when we have more time on our hands. Definitely not when we are in a rush to get out the door for work (especially since he leaves about 2 hours earlier than me, so I would need to get up early to shower with him. Boooh!)
rotflmao2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
we used to shower together more often, but it's less now because I am self-conscious about my weight
40.gif
(my issue, not his). I still shower with him, but I am just less free and comfortable and I feel like I rush out of the shower. I look forward to losing some weight so that we can get back to those little intimate moments. We bath together about once a month, but it's more of a candle lit relaxing bath with wine or champagne, and we wash each other and just use the time to re-connect. I couldn't shower together all the time because I don't like to shave in front of him... something about having your man see you do maintenance is not sexy to me.
14.gif
I once ran him a bath, light some candles, and washed and massaged him with a coconut sugar scrub, like he was at a spa. He
30.gif
ed it!
2.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We rarely shower together. I am selfish--I like my hot, hot water all to myself, and I like having all that space.

sklingem

Brilliant_Rock
We shower together every day except when we go to the gym in the morning... definitely saves time and water!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
A few times a month, but we both really like it so we''re going to try and do it more. We have really different schedules, plus he likes scalding hot water and I like pleasantly warm showers. He doesn''t even turn on the cold at all, which in NYC is SUPER SUPER hot. We''re learning to compromise
20.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 5:06:53 PM
Author: Haven
Very rarely. I like my shower water to be scorching hot, and DH can''t handle the heat.
11.gif
Ditto! DH refers to it as, "Gecko temp!"

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Occasionally at home, but I have a nasty habit of cupping my hands under the water and directly it onto my body without realising it, it drives DH mad
11.gif

When we go away on holidays or stay at nice hotels, we always shower together. We have more time to relax etc, so we can take our time.

I love having DH wash my hair and I make sure he gets a nice head massage. It''s a win win situation.
9.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
never on the weekdays (but we live apart..)

on the weekends, it invariably leads to
31.gif

so we only do it when we have time, and start with a bubblebath.

would love to do it more, but honestly i have no time for even more
31.gif

chibride10

Rough_Rock
We don''t do this too often...but this post is inspiring me to start!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results