shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you and your SO watch the same TV shows/films?

How often do you and your SO watch the same TV shows/films?

• Never

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Very seldom

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Seldom

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Often

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Very Often

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Always

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Re: How often do you and your SO watch the same TV shows/fil

Only sometimes do we watch the same programs, dh loves sci fi (e.g Stargate, Star Trek etc). I like home renovating and garden shows. We do watch American Pickers and another show from Detroit (Pawn Stars)

When it comes to movies, I have lost count of how many times we have watched Love Actually. We used to have TCM, I loved it, being a Bette Davis fan, but dh would rather watch Avatar or something similar.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi

Your husband reads to you? Thats one of the most romantic things I've ever heard. How nice!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Haven|1340745905|3224037 said:
Jennifer W|1340745187|3224034 said:
Yes, because we only have one tv and we have similar tastes. He loves films, I'm not that interested in them, but other than that, we agree. We watch mainly comedy (and the news, so we can have a good rant about politics).

Mostly though, we don't watch tv - I like to knit, sew, spin or make lumpy stuff out of gold and silver in the evenings, and you need to pay close attention to anything sharp or hot. DH reads to me if I'm doing craft stuff.
That's a good point. We only have one television in the house, too. This was my one and only non-negotiable rule for the house: one TV and one TV only.

I love that your husband reads to you. I'm going to suggest this to my own husband! We read together every day, but he never reads to me.

We started this many years ago, when he was reading a series of books that appeared to go on forever and I never seemed to be able to get any interaction with him. It was the closest I could get to a conversation...

We sort of picked up on it as a habit, and he reads to me most days now. It's soothing, he has a nice voice. Also, he usually chooses the books, so I get to hear stories I might not have picked up for myself. We just finished Crime and Punishment, and we're about to start on War and Peace. That's a lot of knitting!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

smitcompton|1340848048|3224862 said:
Hi

Your husband reads to you? Thats one of the most romantic things I've ever heard. How nice!

I suppose it is romantic. He is a lovely man, way better than I ever deserved. ;))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

lyra|1340652243|3223392 said:
I voted sometimes. He likes news and history. I like HBO. I watch what he wants to watch most of the time and try not to make him suffer through Game of Thrones, True Blood or Girls. ;)) We do watch movies together, and Breaking Bad. He'd really rather not see The Walking Dead either. Basically he hates blood and gore and I love it.

I LOVE BREAKING BAD :love: :love: :love: :love: My hubby and I are watching BB too! :appl: :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Inspector Lewis. The Mentalist. So, once a week?

cheers--Sahron

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I voted Very Often. He likes football and I'm not into it, so when Michigan is on, I'll either sit and read in the living room or play on the computer. When we first got married, I loved Will & Grace and Frasier and he refused to watch, this whole ordeal of eye rolling and "oohhh gawwwwd" so I never watched w/him. We watch tv or movies when we eat, so one day I got him to shut up and put a W & G dvd in and he laughed his butt off, so we ended up buying all the rest of the seasons and have watched them several times. Same with Frasier. We were up super late one night and ended up watching an episode-he spent the whole time laughing so hard he was in tears-so now we have all those seasons on dvd. We both are into landscaping and remodeling interiors, so we both love HGTV/DIY. We both love zombie and vampire movies/tv shows, tho we rarely watch anymore. Both like self defense shows and military programs.

I still haven't been able to get him to watch La Femme Nikita or Pretender w/me, and he would rather chew off his foot than watch Star Trek TNG w/me. The difference being if I don't want to watch one of his shows or think it's dumb, I just read or go play on the computer..he has to go thru this whole production about what I'm watching that *he* doesn't like, pick it apart and make fun of it which takes part of my enjoyment away while I wait for him to finish the dramatics.

He will suffer thru My Fair Wedding, b/c he likes the faces David Tutera makes to the camera, and he'll watch Four Weddings to give his thoughts on how the girls did and who will win.

The kids have a little tv/dvd player in London's room so they can watch cartoons if we're using the living room, and at some point in the next century I'd like to have the basement finished so we can go back to having another tv downstairs for the kids or JD to watch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results