shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do I clean my new diamond ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scrapie

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know how often is to often? Can you damage your ring by cleaning it to much?

scrapie

Rough_Rock
guess no one knows or wants to talk to me.... since I see that this topic has been viewed 14 times.

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
You can clean it as often as necessary. My girlfriend cleans hers once a week.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all depends. Others like to clean it everyday. I keep mine sparkly by giving it a spritz of Windex in the morning, a quick brush, then rinsing it with water. It doesn't take long but keeps it looking good.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, what do you brush it with? A toothbrush, or something softer?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An old toothbrush w/soft bristles.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Whenever I wash my hair. I stick the rings in a 1/4 sudsy ammonia & 3/4 water solution before I step in the shower. I clean w/ a soft toothbrush & then blow dry them.

Cleanliness is *the* most important C in the long run. One could have the whitest, best cut stone in the world & it will look like frozen spit w/ layers of gunk. Diamonds are dirt magnets.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I put mine into a mild jewelry cleaning solution each night before I go to bed. I rinse and dry them the next morning and they sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I put mine in the cleaner every other night and rinse really well and then blow dry them a little after a soft dry with a tshirt. I use the little brush in the jar. When I am done with this jar Ill clean it out and mix water and ammonia in there when I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results