shape
carat
color
clarity

How noisy is your family/home?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I don't know that it's strictly introvert/extrovert related; hub is an introvert and I'm an extrovert, and we both prefer the quiet.

Interesting, my introvert hub describes social interaction exactly as you do, Kenny - he once described it to me as "your battery gets charged with interaction; mine gets completely drained." I thought it was a really good way of explaining it.

I don't know that it translates to ambient noise, though - I'm acutely sensitive to even the smallest noises and much prefer quiet, especially when I'm trying to focus. I can't read if I hear a television on downstairs, for example, no matter how faint.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1404233830|3704560 said:
moneymeister|1404221628|3704419 said:
My son and I are introverts and happy to sit in silence or play games or read. My dd is an introvert who once stormed into my room and said she had enough of our quiet and if we couldn't talk more, she was going to go visit noisier people.

I think you mean your dd is an extrovert, but I love it. :lol:

I really think it is an introvert/extrovert thing.
We intros get our batteries drained by being around people and charged by being alone, and extros just the opposite.

I think the family/home you are raised in is less of a factor in noise preference than where you fall on the extro/intro polarity part of your personality.
My SO has one brother, raised in the same home, but is as introverted as I.

My SO's an extrovert and he thinks the same thing your dd does, though he's never articulated in that humorous way.

HA, yes...exactly Kenny. I did mean extrovert.
By the way I am happy to hear you are back home in your quiet place :)

The little darling daughter (20) just slid through my newsfeed on facebook as an unknown friend tagged her walking through the mall with posters wound around her arms like a paper transformer and her friends laughing at her. She is loud, joyous, wiggly and always searching out friends. Born to make and be a friend. A social butterfly who would curl up and die without that interaction.

My s/o is also an introvert. He is a medivac helicopter pilot. Guess how we're leaving the ceremony?
He wanted to (GULP) plan a funny dance routine at the wedding.
Him: please
Me: OH God NO...Noooo....nonononono
Him: come onnn, it will be fun
Me: We are already departing by helicopter, that's enough!
Opposites attract, huh?

The great part is we are old enough to know the differences and we respect the needs. Also, when we marry, he gets a loud 20 y.o. step-daughter to chatter with. win/win <3 Life will soon be louder.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My home is typically pretty quiet, for having four children. That is until the littlest ones start a fight (they're 8 and 10, 14 and 16). We're at a playdate this afternoon, and I can't wait to leave because the little boy is sooooooooo loud. I actually have a headache. :p

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results