shape
carat
color
clarity

how much was gas when you first started driving?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I remember that it was under $10 to fill a tank, but I can''t remember how much it was. Five years and a new car later, it was just about $10 bucks to fill and price was around $.97.

Of course.... now it still costs me less than $10 to fill up my main commuter but that''s because the gas tank only holds 2 gallons!
9.gif
65mpg and no more parking woes... I love my scooter!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 12:03:28 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 8/24/2008 5:46:59 PM

Author: LostSapphire

Date: 8/24/2008 4:53:27 PM

Author: purrfectpear

1969, I think it was around .39 a gallon. I know a bunch of GFs and I would pool our change, pull into the station and hand the attendant a dollar. We could drive all night on that. Every now and then there would be ''gas wars'' when stations would drop to .29 a gallon
20.gif

Man, those were the days. They pumped for you AND cleaned your windshield.

AND checked your oil!

LS
AND you get BLUE STAMPS. Linda W,do you remember those days ?
31.gif

Yes, Mr. Smarty Pants, I remember those days, tee hee. That was the year, my daughter was born.
9.gif
I also remember sitting in line at the gas stations, waiting for gas. And you could only go on certain even or un-even days. That was horrible. They said there was a gas shortage. Yea right!!!
14.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 7:02:16 AM
Author: ksinger
''Hahahaha!!!! Wait a minute! I thought Dems LIKED taxes. Do you mean you''re not happy because you pay too little? Cause Obama is already talking about the tax rate being above 50% Haha...Sorry, I couldn''t resist. But, I am very curious. I always wonder what Dems think of taxes. I do mean this lightly... ''

That''s probably a discussion for the political threads. Open one there and I bet you''ll get some hits.

Don''t want to completely jack this thread here in the Happy Hangout, dontcha know.
Agreed!
9.gif
In my silly mood it just struck me as humorous and something I''ve never heard before! I won''t be starting a thread. For me, I *usually* keep PS as my non political haven.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the good old days they were called service stations. they cleaned the windows and checked your oil etc. Now, in New Jersey, there is no self self gas BUT they do nothing more than pump. God forbid they actually clean the windshield or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results