shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you think is this worth? I have no clue...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ezeriuke

Rough_Rock
the stone is 6.25ct paraiba tourmaline and it 18k white gold with 0.66ct diamonds.
how much do you think it is worth, anything will help. Where would I get something like this checked out?

P1020666ds.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am afraid it isn’t worth anything much, if at all. The value of the ring lies almost exclusively in the metal and diamonds only because the stone is opaque and the colour very ordinary. Calling it a Paraiba tourmaline is a stretch of the imagination.
38.gif

vsol

Rough_Rock
I would take it to a local jeweler and a local antique dealer. The jeweler might charge you for an appraisal but the antique jeweler might make you an offer (assuming it is actually an antique, hard to tell from the picture though the white gold definitely looks like it). Or if you''re looking to buy it then that''s a different story =) on ebay I''ve seen similar rings go for $20/$30, even 80 year old antiques. In an antique shop it might be priced a lot higher since they can sit on it for awhile waiting for the right buyer.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2010 7:56:15 AM
Author: Chrono
I am afraid it isn’t worth anything much, if at all. The value of the ring lies almost exclusively in the metal and diamonds only because the stone is opaque and the colour very ordinary. Calling it a Paraiba tourmaline is a stretch of the imagination.
38.gif
Ditto, ditto and ditto. I actually am rather disturbed someone would call that "paraiba." It''s an opaque blue stone without the saturation of a true paraiba.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/9/2010 8:50:36 AM
Author: vsol
on ebay I''ve seen similar rings go for $20/$30, even 80 year old antiques.

If that were the case then you should probably be buying them and scrapping them out. The replacement cost of the setting and diamonds would exceed $1000 if you were to have it made for you and the scrap value is very easily in the $200 to $300 range. The center stone may very well be a tourmaline from Parabia, but it''s certainly lacking everything that "Parabia" means, so worth very little. I''d say that if you like it and it costs less than $400 or $500, it''s worth getting, (where else would you get a nice setting like that for less ?). If the center stone doesn''t appeal to you it''s easy to replace.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I agree with just about everyone..the center stone..may be copper bearing but thats more of a gem oddity than anything that would make it worth any good amount of money..lacks a vivid blue or blue-green..or even a good blue or blue-green..here is a small pile of copper bearing paraiba rough..I can expect to sell around 40cts. for $10..maybe a little less..and frankly the colors of these in my hand look to be better than that center stone and these are not very good colored cuprians

par 45huy.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 3:06:46 AM
Author:ezeriuke
the stone is 6.25ct paraiba tourmaline and it 18k white gold with 0.66ct diamonds.
how much do you think it is worth, anything will help. Where would I get something like this checked out?
While the ring and stone are quite lovely I wouldn''t guess that they have much value. I wouldn''t think it would be worth more than $500, at the most, but that''s purely a guess.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting is lovely and the ring has an "antique" look to it. I''d keep it and replace the center stone with a nice, bright cabochon. It could look stunning with a proper stone.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
How about a nice center stone this color paraiba?
2.gif
37.gif

blue paraiba 45ghy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results