shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you pay for undies?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a gift card for Christmas to a department story and decided to buy some undies

It was a store that sells reasonable priced things and expensive designers.

I remember thinking after seeing a few of the higher price tags, "who pays this much for underpants !?"

So how much do you pay? And I don't mean lingerie or something for a "special occasion"
Just normal daily wear.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think mine average $5 a pair or so, at least that is what I pay. The price tag probably has a higher price, but I wait until there is a sale.

I just looked- the ones I have from Victoria's Secret are $9.50 each, or on sale for 5/$26.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my underwear drawer are undies from a 3 pack for £5 (about $8USD) and £24 (about $39USD). The majority are £24 per pair. I recently found some great ones that cost £16.50 (about $27USD) and I've been back twice to purchase more. I don't plan to give up any of them, from £3 to £24. I probably wouldn't spend much more on them than that.

I own no special occasion undies and don't see the need for them.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1391035501|3603705 said:
I think mine average $5 a pair or so, at least that is what I pay. The price tag probably has a higher price, but I wait until there is a sale.

I just looked- the ones I have from Victoria's Secret are $9.50 each, or on sale for 5/$26.

Yeah I'm usually the "5/$25" gal.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pay around $9.50 for them but usually wait for a sale and then I can get them for about $6 per undie. They are not sexy or fancy or anything as I value comfort number one but they are not ugly or anything either. I love the different colors...I have them in red, blue, green, orange, brown leopard and ofc black and other colors. :bigsmile:

(Sorry if that's TMI).

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were the undies made in the US or with fabrics made in the US? I try to buy UK or European made so I'm willing to pay more. I like to complain about jobs being exported to China or Indonesia and that Britain no longer has a manufacturing industry which actually creates jobs (we have a great finance sector :roll: ). I justify my complaints by being careful where I purchase items from. So if they're American made (or wherever you based) perhaps they are reasonably priced for what they are. Just an idea...I'm always looking at tags and like to think I'm not alone!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure. I'll look. But I mean hey were like $30 bucks a pair.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not fancy...for everyday wear, the Hanes stretch cotton ones with a touch of spandex are my fave. A 3 pack is like $7.99!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see a poll on the type/style of undies that PS ladies wear. DH is convinced that I'm weird for wearing "granny panties" and that most girls wear thongs. I don't consider bikinis/hipsters from VS to be granny panties, and I only have a friend or two that wears thongs. I told him I will wear them when he does. No thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1391038652|3603750 said:
I'd love to see a poll on the type/style of undies that PS ladies wear. DH is convinced that I'm weird for wearing "granny panties" and that most girls wear thongs. I don't consider bikinis/hipsters from VS to be granny panties, and I only have a friend or two that wears thongs. I told him I will wear them when he does. No thanks.

Hipster girl here. :cheeky: Tried a thong once, no thanks. :knockout:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like thongs. I wore them a lot when I was pregnant as my a$$ could get as big as it wanted :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to wear shapewear/control pants, and spend about 10 GBP a pair.

I wear underwire balconette bras by Fantasie and Freya, as they do my size and fit me well. I get their plain black satin ones for daily wear, about 30 GBP a pop, and have some fancier ones for "special occasions". :naughty:

DK :))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hipsters and bikinis only. DH thinks I'm odd too for not wearing thongs. I am very passionate in my hate for them.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel|1391036131|3603717 said:
amc80|1391035501|3603705 said:

Yeah I'm usually the "5/$25" gal.

Mine are also from VS and are the 5 for $25ish and then I have fancy pairs that I wear, though I don't remember how much I paid for them. I don't think I'd pay more than $15 for daily undies, so I guess they were around that price...

$30 seems like a lot unless they're part of a cute set that includes a camisole or something... If they are that price, I'd expect they'd make me 10 pounds lighter looking ;))

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhea|1391041121|3603784 said:

Hipsters and bikinis only. DH thinks I'm odd too for not wearing thongs. I am very passionate in my hate for them.

Thongs are hideous.

:o

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I favour big pants as they are comfy. Thongs are like strings cutting into my flesh, not a good look!

Having said that, I do have matching thongs for some of my "special occasions" undies. :naughty:

DK :oops:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
MC|1391041375|3603788 said:

Thongs are hideous.

Thank you! If you don't like my underwear line, well, that sucks for you. I don't have to see it :) It's not really an issue now because I wear jeans to work. I mean if I'm wearing a dress I will make sure I don't have lines, but that is possible to do without a piece of fabric up my butt.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1391041561|3603794 said:

Thongs are hideous.

Thank you! If you don't like my underwear line, well, that sucks for you. I don't have to see it :) It's not really an issue now because I wear jeans to work. I mean if I'm wearing a dress I will make sure I don't have lines, but that is possible to do without a piece of fabric up my butt.

Yeah, VS had some styles of undies that don't result in any sort of line and they're boy shorts but really thin and delicate. I wear those to avoid the dreaded panty line.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thongs are hideous.

I hate thongs too. Plus they can actually cause infections down there. Gross.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually buy them at Marshall's or TJ Maxx or Ross so like $3.99 to $4.99 a pair?

I'd rather buy them cheap and replacing them often...

I didn't realize so many women hate thongs I don't know that I ever wore anything else :sick:

Bras I spend more...like $57...but that's only recently when I discovered that your bra is NOT supposed to raise above your chest if you raise your arms. :sick: So I went out and got some that really fit. But even with that, I went to Marshall's and found a CK one in my size that fit properly for like $8.99. :))

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so it was many years ago, and I was going through a lot of other life stuff, but I spent over $4000 in one year at VS. I also spent day after day folding and refolding and sorting them by color before my mom finally decided that I needed help. :lol: So, yeah, I guess I was a bit OCD. These days being much healthier, I still love undies and think that there is little else that makes a girl feels as feminine and pretty as a new pair of panties, so I likely still spend a bit more than others might....$12-$15 for designer is fine with me....$35-$45 for a good bra seems reasonable, though my favorite bra these days was a $12 purchase from Walmart. ;))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much thong hate, lol. I've been wearing nothing but cotton simple thongs since I was a teenager. I find them very comfy and feel weird wearing "full butt" underwear. You can certainly fit plenty in a small drawer, lol. I buy them when they're $5 for $25 and then I use a $25 off $75 coupon so they work out around $3 per pair.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh me too, me too! Maybe its because I don't understand them? I mean, how can they possibly be comfortable?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hanes/Fruit of the Loom, whatever you can buy in a bag at Walmart/Target/Kmart, and I look for the most pairs for the least amount. Before the kids came I wore thongs and "pretty" VS underwear.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right there with ya, Packie! I buy mine from Costco in the 5 pack, and hope that when I go back, they have the same kind still there. Can't stand it when they switch brands on me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Everyday" undies from American Eagle, 5 for $25. They make a nice "girl brief" with lace trim and I usually buy 15 pairs twice a year. In the summer I like to wear dresses and skirts (and sometimes shorts) that require careful selection of undergarments--even with linings and slips (yes, slips still exist and are still appropriate) sometimes you just need a good nude thong. I have worn and loved Cosabella mesh thongs in nude for 14 years--bought my first one when I worked for an upscale department store and had a nice discount. They're $20/pair which isn't completely outrageous, but they are so worth it and hold up really well. Highly recommend.

Lingerie bags are a MUST. Anything with lace or any sort of sheerness either needs to be handwashed (who the hell has time for that?) or you have to protect it with a lingerie bag. This concludes Monnie's overshare post.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get designer but only when they are on sale, $20-$30 USD, and if VS $10-$20, just depending on what is available to match the bra.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy these silky Vanity Fair hipsters in jewel colors that are apx $7.50 each, and 3-pak of Jockey black cotton hipsters (maybe $20/pak) - but I only buy them on sale (usually at Macy's) and then I stock up. I used to buy cheaper but, just like the right purse, the right undies make all the difference in my daily life!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1391047364|3603881 said:
HI:

A lot. My cheeky treat to myself. :saint:

http://www.chantelle.com/ :love:

cheers--Sharon

Ha! I knew some fabulous PSr would show up to this thread and divulge their "hidden" splurges! Sometimes I find Chantelle and Wacoal at my local TJ Maxx. In larger cities sometimes you can find La Perla at TJ. Sadly, they are usually not my size (typically nothing in the most popular middle sizes, just really tiny or at the other end) but I've lucked into some very good Wacoal deals there.

I used to love Felina. Mid-priced, beautiful stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results