shape
carat
color
clarity

How Much Are You Spending?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
1) How much is/did your fiance spend on your engagement ring?

$6800
2) What does your fiance do for a living? ( I always wonder this for the women with LARGE carat rings! -- lucky, lucky!)

He''s a 1Lt, soon to be Capt in the AF (me too, though I won''t be a Capt until May)
3) What size is your ring (post a pic)!

It''s .9 carat center stone with little diamonds next to it. All set in platinum. I think the diamond is d or e, vs1 or vs2 clarity, I don''t remember now...

1ring.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I have to be vague lest the BF realize I am revealing him to you all...

1) 22k, but I bet I can negotiate up
2.gif

2) He works with computers in Silicon Valley (CA)(sorry, thats all I can say)

3)I am looking for a round brilliant between 2-2.75 ct, I have my eye on a custom Leon Mege setting.

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Hi There! Interesting thread and by not offensive by any means.

Here''s my info:

1) Budget was around $10K to $13K

2) FI is a PhD Physicist/Engineer - partner in a firm that does engineering simulation for the Gov''t
He''s also retired Naval Officer...boy he looked pretty in his uniform....
30.gif

3) my e-ring is a radiant, 1.01 carat, D, VS1 set in platinum and the wedding band (already bought it!) is a Memoire eternity band with 12 clustered diamonds in sets of three, also in platinum.

35.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hi, new to this site and not offended at all - really interesting to see what people spend / choose etc. I live in small village in the UK, and it would be fair to say that my 1 carat emerald cut solitaire, set in platinum gets noticed. Having said that, some of the rocks on this site make it look a little feeble!! It cost £3000 sterling when we bought it, and was valued last month at £5,398 sterling (quite a change in 4 years!). My wedding band is platinum, with a tension set emerald cut, which sits under the stone on my e/ring. My husband is an architect and I''m a lawyer. I''m 31.

Even with those little rings, they call me the queen of bling where I work- no-one else in the office wears any diamonds at all, just plain gold w/bands. Tragic!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mrs. Mitchell & welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif
The design of your wedding set sounds really interesting. I''d love to see a picture of it...
1.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hi - Thanks. Have tried and tried to take and post pics, but no success so far, sorry! I''ll have another go.

ExotikAngel

Rough_Rock
1. We''ve just started looking so he hasn''t really told me a budget yet, so far all I''ve got is " No more than $10k"...which is MUCH more than I was expecting.

2. He''s in the marketing business

3. Don''t have a clue when I''ll get it, but I''m looking at 1.00-1.15ct Cushion or Asscher cut in a pave Halo setting or maybe a Split Shank ( looked at some of those last night
30.gif
)

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock

I''m a bit late to respond, but here goes : )

My fiance spent $2,000 on my ring
2) What does your fiance do for a living? ( I always wonder this for the women with LARGE carat rings! -- lucky, lucky!)
My fiance is a doctor and works as an attending in an emergency room (think Lucca from ER : )
The ring is an eternity band of 2.85 total carat weight natural sapphires

Here''s a picture... We went a slightly ''backwards'' route in buying something that seems more like a wedding band first, but I fell in love with it and haven''t found the exact ''engagement'' ring for me yet... And I love it, even if it is wierd!

Aurelia

pictureeternitybandaurelia.jpg

kiana

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/30/2006 12:39:40 AM
Author: Aurelia

The ring is an eternity band of 2.85 total carat weight natural sapphires

Here''s a picture... We went a slightly ''backwards'' route in buying something that seems more like a wedding band first, but I fell in love with it and haven''t found the exact ''engagement'' ring for me yet... And I love it, even if it is wierd!

Aurelia

That''s absolutely gorgeous! It''s not weird! It''s different! :)

As for my answers... in my ideal world... have no idea really what he wants to do price-wise, he is a saver but also he''s bought diamonds before and may have set a different budget...

1) Realistically I''d like to say 1k, because likely that''s what we can really afford out of cash right now. In my dream world, 2k because I''ve fallen in love with a stone on GoodOldGold. (NEVER tell a friend you''re going to look stuff up for their engagement ring online when you want to marry a man ...
12.gif
)

2) We both work in the computer industry. I''m actually bringing in more money right now, but if his work paid him what he is worth, he''d make a lot more.

3) Somewhere between a third and half caret. I''m really into the square styles, and after GemAdvisoring a few of the square H&As I really wish they had ''em a bit smaller. I''m sure they''re out of our price range at half a caret, and that''s where most of them are. I know we could get a reasonably good Princess in the realistic budget. In the dream budget, we could get a really awesome cut stone that would reflect light more, still be squarish, and not be huge. I have tiny hands.

As for the setting.... back when he seemed more into it, I had sent him a link to some antique reproduction engraged wedding bands. I think I found a bridal set like them I''d absolutely adore (yes, I''ve been a very very bad little girl and torturing myself looking....) but it doesn''t have a price on it.

(Since I don''t want to hotlink to a picture on the web and likely make it where no one can see it, here is the link.... http://jewelmasters.com/antqueimages//at256.jpg )

Hopefully in white gold it wouldn''t be too expensive.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I'm new to this forums, i haven't received my ring yet but i picked it and hopefully will be ready by this friday!!!!

He spent around 8,000

2) What does your fiance do for a living?
He's the city major's secretary.. i live in reynosa, mexico, it's in the border with texas.

I don't have the pic yet but i promisse i'll post it as soon as i get it!! my ring is a 1ct. round SI1 G color... that's all i remember.. and i chose a scottkay setting

here are the pics:
show me the ring thread

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
I don''t mind those questions either, I find it really interesting how different things are depending on what state/country you live in.

1)I don''t know the exact amount my fiance spent on my ring, but I''d estimate somewhere around $20,000.

2)My fiance is an attorney, but then again, so am I.
2.gif
. I am grateful to have good jobs, but we''ve got a large amount of debt to go along with it.

3)My engagement ring is custom designed, with a emerald cut diamond center stone that is a little over 2 carats, with a thin platinum micropave setting with tiny hearts and arrows diamonds in the band and in the platform setting. He designed it, and I love everything about it.
9.gif
There''s absolutely nothing I would change on it.

I am planning on getting a thin diamond eternity band as my wedding ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results