shape
carat
color
clarity

How men view women using the Hot/Crazy matrix

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I think she was totally agreeing with you!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1407269679|3726663 said:
Now I'm really in trouble!!!
:o :o :o
I am shocked and RuPauled! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
Watch the sky for incoming scud missiles.

:mrgreen:

_405.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1407269841|3726666 said:

It was sarcasm?

Oh.

If so, sorry. :oops:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1407269936|3726668 said:

It was sarcasm?

Oh.

No worries hon!

And "RuPauled" -- HA! Love it!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1407269679|3726663 said:
Now I'm really in trouble!!!

Dee*Jay!!! How dare you! Didn't you know it's cruel and inhumane to put kittens in a basket??!!! :errrr: :errrr:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PLEASE DON'T STOP POSTING VIDEOS -- esp. ones as funny as this!! There are people here who have a sense of humor, and we love them! 8) :halo:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1407270065|3726669 said:

It was sarcasm?

Oh.

No worries hon!

I WAS agreeing with you, Kenny!! :lol: :lol:

Boatluvr

Shiny_Rock
DeeJay & Kenny - not every woman on this forum lacks a sense of humor or has to take this soooooo seriously. I post infrequently but I have noticed that momhappy (sorry, but it's true) seems to have a habit of turning 'off' and/or pushing people's buttons. She/he certainly doesn't seem very happy to me.

I've raised three sons - and sent it to the one who married a Tiffany. It's hilarious!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1407270195|3726672 said:
Dee*Jay|1407270065|3726669 said:

It was sarcasm?

Oh.

No worries hon!

I WAS agreeing with you, Kenny!! :lol: :lol:

Aw shucks.

screen_shot_2014-08-05_at_0.png

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dee*Jay|1407269065|3726655 said:
OK, people, listen: I posted this because it made me laugh. Here, IN MY WORLD, this is FUNNY. On PLANET DEE this is HUMOR.

It is a video making fun of a group of which I am one BTW. I am not making fun of a group to which I do not belong (well, alright, I am not a redhead, a stripper, a hairdresser or a woman named Tiffany -- or TIffanI, as would be more appropriate given the context).

If finding this funny makes me a bad person, so be it. That being said, I don't think I've ever posted any sort of video before (that I can recall off the top of my head, although I suppose I could be wrong -- and if I am wrong I'm sure someone will leap at the chance to dig up one of my old posts and correct me), and I assure you I will never post another one.

People need to pull up their big girl panties and get on with it.

(Not you Kenny, you and your under-roos are OK by me.)

Dee, we aren't saying you are a bad person. Not at all (well, I am not, at least). This kind of thing is just part of our society and different people will take away different things from it.

I believe that bad ideas can permeate our societies without us being aware of them. They manifest in small ways, in everyday stuff, etc and, in time, we become more aware of them and start questioning them. For example, 60 years ago, "n*gger toes" was a perfectly fine, everyday word. "Little House on the Prairie" describes black face as hilarious and being done by a character that was shown as fine, upstanding and moral. Today, both of these would be heavily frowned on. Bringing out these things are what allows societies to change. These stereotypes are harmful to both men and women, in my opinion.

I don't think being part of a group allows us to make jokes that denigrate the group. It perpetuates stereotypes and allows ideas to thrive in people's mind. We are saying that we accept that women are crazy and that we can be judged based ONLY on our hotness. We are saying that we accept that men are horny things who think between their legs. So, I pull on my big girls panties and say "I don't agree with this". This doesn't mean you are a horrible person. It may mean we disagree, that I see this from a different angle, that you will bring up an answer that will make me see it differently or that I will show you why I see it differently. None of these possibilities are negative.

Nothing we post or say will ever be 100% liked by 100% of people. I know a lot of people are rolling their eyes at this post and preparing angry, disappointed or simply disagreeing answers. That is fine, as long as it is done respectfully. I hope you keep posting videos, jokes and other stuff. I won't always agree, laugh or even get the message (yes, I can be slow at times). It may open a dialogue, I may just read on or I may post a joking reply. It will be done in good heart and in the spirit of having a community here that I hope is stronger than any disagreement posters might have.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boatluvr|1407270488|3726673 said:
... I have noticed that momhappy (sorry, but it's true) seems to have a habit of turning 'off' and/or pushing people's buttons. She/he certainly doesn't seem very happy to me. !

Hmm.
I know an exceedingly grumpy Debbie-Downer poster on another forum with the screen name that is a close synonym of Cheerful.

Might be a good time to mention that PS has an ignore feature.
They call it 'foe', an unfortunate name.

When you put someone on ignore (make them a foe per PS's terminology) you just do not see their posts.
As a rule I don't like to use it, but confess I have two people here on ignore.

It's nice.
It's like putting the cork in the butt of a flatulent person at work ... except you don't get to see them explode from the pressure building up. :lol:

I certainly expect a few people have me on ignore.
It doesn't hurt my feelings, in fact I encourage it for those who can't handle Kenny.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1407271008|3726682 said:
OK, people, listen: I posted this because it made me laugh. Here, IN MY WORLD, this is FUNNY. On PLANET DEE this is HUMOR.

It is a video making fun of a group of which I am one BTW. I am not making fun of a group to which I do not belong (well, alright, I am not a redhead, a stripper, a hairdresser or a woman named Tiffany -- or TIffanI, as would be more appropriate given the context).

If finding this funny makes me a bad person, so be it. That being said, I don't think I've ever posted any sort of video before (that I can recall off the top of my head, although I suppose I could be wrong -- and if I am wrong I'm sure someone will leap at the chance to dig up one of my old posts and correct me), and I assure you I will never post another one.

Dee, we aren't saying you are a bad person. Not at all (well, I am not, at least). This kind of thing is just part of our society and different people will take away different things from it.

I believe that bad ideas can permeate our societies without us being aware of them. They manifest in small ways, in everyday stuff, etc and, in time, we become more aware of them and start questioning them. For example, 60 years ago, "n*gger toes" was a perfectly fine, everyday word. "Little House on the Prairie" describes black face as hilarious and being done by a character that was shown as fine, upstanding and moral. Today, both of these would be heavily frowned on. Bringing out these things are what allows societies to change. These stereotypes are harmful to both men and women, in my opinion.

I don't think being part of a group allows us to make jokes that denigrate the group. It perpetuates stereotypes and allows ideas to thrive in people's mind. We are saying that we accept that women are crazy and that we can be judged based ONLY on our hotness. We are saying that we accept that men are horny things who think between their legs. So, I pull on my big girls panties and say "I don't agree with this". This doesn't mean you are a horrible person. It may mean we disagree, that I see this from a different angle, that you will bring up an answer that will make me see it differently or that I will show you why I see it differently. None of these possibilities are negative.

Nothing we post or say will ever be 100% liked by 100% of people. I know a lot of people are rolling their eyes at this post and preparing angry, disappointed or simply disagreeing answers. That is fine, as long as it is done respectfully. I hope you keep posting videos, jokes and other stuff. I won't always agree, laugh or even get the message (yes, I can be slow at times). It may open a dialogue, I may just read on or I may post a joking reply. It will be done in good heart and in the spirit of having a community here that I hope is stronger than any disagreement posters might have.

Lady D, what an exceptionally graceful post and I think you for it. I really really really never meant to offend anyone with this video, or anything else I've ever posted, and I'm sorry I hit some people's hot buttons. Part of the problem with net humor is that typing has no tone. Lots of things get lost in (the lack of) translation when all you see is words on a screen. If I were watching this video is a room with the posters on this thread I'm sure there would be lots of dialogue (some of which I would agree with and some of which I wouldn't) but it was be a very different communication.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

No one said that you were a bad person for finding it funny…. We all have opinions and I thought that this forum was for sharing them :confused: Just because you posted a video that you found humor in, doesn't mean that everyone else finds it funny too (thus the commentary). It doesn't mean that our big girl panties fell down, it does it mean that we are Debbie Downer's, and it doesn't mean that we have no sense of humor - it simply means that we don't find this particular joke to be funny. I'm sorry if some folks were offended by that.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Boatluvr|1407270488|3726673 said:
DeeJay & Kenny - not every woman on this forum lacks a sense of humor or has to take this soooooo seriously. I post infrequently but I have noticed that momhappy (sorry, but it's true) seems to have a habit of turning 'off' and/or pushing people's buttons. She/he certainly doesn't seem very happy to me.

I've raised three sons - and sent it to the one who married a Tiffany. It's hilarious!

No apologies necessary =) You are entitled to your opinions and since we don't know each other, it's not personal (at least for me).

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay, I was commenting on the vid, and even though it was something you posted I was not implying that I find you sexist or offensive. I understand that you were sharing something you think is funny, and just wanted to share a laugh. People do this all the time, it's cool.

I was not offended by the video or attempting to censor you. I saw a vid that brings up an issue that interests me, and commented on it. It is difficult to convey tone, and I can easily see how one could read my post as an angry diatribe. It was not. Try reading it in Betty White's voice. :)
I see the hangout sub forum as being akin to a town common or piazza. A place to gather, share ideas, and talk.

I find that it is often difficult to see your own culture from the inside, and it can also be personally distasteful to realise that you (the general 'you', not you personally) have been complicit in continuing some of the more insidious and unpleasant aspects.

Look at women's rights from a hundred years ago. No voting, no birth control pill, no legal abortions, no jobs as CEO, judge, doctor, senator, etc; and it was all normal and acceptable.

Look at the history of the song 'Turkey in the Straw'. See how an incredibly racist joke used to be acceptable?
http://www.npr.org/blogs/codeswitch/2014/05/11/310708342/recall-that-ice-cream-truck-song-we-have-unpleasant-news-for-you

Here is an easy way to judge a joke.
Over the last few weeks, my comp II students have been working on evaluation arguments. As a whole, these essays have been really smart critiques of pop culture artifacts from The Help to MMO RPGs and more. One of my students wrote his essay about the television sitcom The New Normal and the writer’s claim that he is an “equal opportunity offender” who feels entitled to make offensive or prejudiced jokes (most often racially offensive) because he himself is a gay man and understands oppression. My student, a white male, confided that sometimes he cannot tell if a joke is prejudiced because the laugh track on the show makes all of the jokes seem equally funny to the audience. The advice I gave him was to consider the punchline. If the punchline of a joke is “Hahaha aren’t [insert identity group here] funny/weird/different/stupid/lame/ridiculous”, then you are probably hearing a prejudiced joke. It is all too common that comedians sometimes substitute prejudice for a witty punchline.
http://www.rebeccalynneharris.org/its-just-a-joke-and-other-things-people-say-to-defend-prejudice/

LadyD, I agree with your post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results