shape
carat
color
clarity

How many years were you married before you upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgraded my diamond at 15 years and changed my setting at 25 years.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
11 then 20

happyscrapper40

Shiny_Rock
25 years. My 25th is coming up in January, I am getting a ring custom made. Will share when it is finished.
1.gif

koko

Shiny_Rock
After about 10 yrs. my tiny speck of a diamond fell out of my original, Mayor''s Jewelers, yellow gold, "love knot" wedding set, so I had it replaced with a 1/3 carat round stone. Then a few yrs. later, I had some baguettes added to the setting. For my 25th anniversary, I got a 1.15 carat emerald cut stone in a new white gold setting.....

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2007 3:20:10 PM
Author: ericad
Not technically an upgrade, since I never had a diamond, but have just bought my first at 10 years. Glad we waited until we could afford something awesome :)

Similar situation here. Never got a diamond when I got married, got my "upgrade" after 10 years.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Well, I upgraded the first husband after 2 years. The 2nd after 12 years. After that I decided I needed to learn more about the specifications that make a good husband. So I studied observed, tool my time, waited 10 years, then really upgraded! Now 7 years later I''ll never upgrade again, he''s perfect!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At 5 years: new setting, same stones. (.26 center stone)
At 15 years: new 5 stone anniversary ring 1.25 tctw
At 24 years: a real upgrade, 1.77RB in solitaire temporary setting. Will reset next year at 25th.
31.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/11/2007 12:54:17 PM
Author: JoangA
Well, I upgraded the first husband after 2 years. The 2nd after 12 years. After that I decided I needed to learn more about the specifications that make a good husband. So I studied observed, tool my time, waited 10 years, then really upgraded! Now 7 years later I'll never upgrade again, he's perfect!
LOL
9.gif

Please share the final specs for the ideal husband!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 2:42:31 PM
Author: baby monster

Date: 9/11/2007 12:54:17 PM
Author: JoangA
Well, I upgraded the first husband after 2 years. The 2nd after 12 years. After that I decided I needed to learn more about the specifications that make a good husband. So I studied observed, tool my time, waited 10 years, then really upgraded! Now 7 years later I''ll never upgrade again, he''s perfect!
LOL
9.gif

Please share the final specs for the ideal husband!
How does he score on the HCA?
9.gif

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
He''s perfect..

I learned that the most important thing is what you get is what you get! You can''t change them, no recutting, or laser removal of imperfections. I also learned I couldn''t make a D IF husband, there are always imperfections in us all. Once the decision is made to accept all of a person, unconditionally, celebrate the beauty and just love.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve studied diamonds at GIA. They don''t have a course for choosing the perfect husband. Maybe they should......

Do they exist?
28.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
20 years for me but methinks there is more to come
31.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fortunately I chose the perfect husband the first (and only!) time around, but the original e-ring went after 7 years. THAT upgrade only lasted 6 months, and now (at 8-1/2 years) I''m wearing upgrade #2. But my 10 year anniversary IS coming up...
31.gif

bams0103

Rough_Rock
JoangA you are too funny! My fiance told me yesterday that maybe we could upgrade on our 40th anniversary. WHAT!!?? I was thinking my 40th birthday - in 2 1/2 years!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Before we got married I got a 7 stone half carat white gold band, my "deterrent band" for traveling. Then I was given a 5 stone 1 ct. ring that I wore happily for 7 years until we got engaged. My ering is an "already jumped to the upgrade" ering. Mr. Surf said that since we were getting married after so many years, he wanted me to have a ring that was like what people would be upgrading to at our age if we''d gotten married when we first met...and now that I''m writing this I wonder how the heck he even KNOWS about "upgrading" an ering?!? ARE YOU READING HERE TOO MR. SURFGIRL?!?! Annyway, I''m not eligible for an upgrade at this point. And that''s fine with me.
28.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I still wear my original wedding ring. On our 10th anniversary my husband gave me my 3 stone RHR.
So even though I didn't replace or change my original ring, I consider my new ring an upgrade or should it more appropriately be referred to as myaugmentation?
31.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 4:51:03 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I still wear my original wedding ring. On our 10th anniversary my husband gave me my 3 stone RHR.
So even though I didn''t replace or change my original ring, I consider my new ring an upgrade or should it more appropriately be referred to as myaugmentation?
31.gif
LMAO!!!!! I like that!

Author: surfgirl
I''m not eligible for an upgrade at this point. And that''s fine with me.

I have a feeling even if you were "eligible" you would still hold on to your beautiful ering (the one in the avatar) since it is so completely perfect (IMO)
9.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 years. It wasn''t really an upgrade but an anniversary ring.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ummm 0 years.
12.gif
upgraded about a year after engagement. then a year after marriage. and then the 2nd year. now we''re on year 3+. so far i am going to stick with this stone and ring/set for at least another few years, mostly because to go bigger would be REALLY expensive and i don''t think we really want to spend that on something that''s just going to sit on my finger...but don''t quote me. recently i was telling my hubby that i thought i was happy with the stone i have because it was too pricey to get bigger and make it count, and he said ''well if it would make you really happy and we can afford it, why not''....
6.gif
but it could have been the wine talking.
3.gif
as you can see, HE needs no upgrade!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 5:19:50 PM
Author: Mara
ummm 0 years.
12.gif
upgraded about a year after engagement. then a year after marriage. and then the 2nd year. now we''re on year 3+. so far i am going to stick with this stone and ring/set for at least another few years, mostly because to go bigger would be REALLY expensive and i don''t think we really want to spend that on something that''s just going to sit on my finger...but don''t quote me. recently i was telling my hubby that i thought i was happy with the stone i have because it was too pricey to get bigger and make it count, and he said ''well if it would make you really happy and we can afford it, why not''....
6.gif
but it could have been the wine talking.
3.gif
as you can see, HE needs no upgrade!!!
Greg is such a sweetie Mara!

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
16+ years and no upgrade yet.
12.gif
Mrs. Aubrey isn''t really a jewelry hound. I''ve bought her a lot of stuff, but she doesn''t wear that much of it. She has pink diamond earrings that she wears about 1/year!
7.gif

She''s actually talked about upgrading to a three-stone ring but what she has in mind would be enough ($$$) of a project that she thinks 20 years would be appropriate.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2007 6:20:38 PM
Author: CaptAubrey
16+ years and no upgrade yet.
12.gif
Mrs. Aubrey isn''t really a jewelry hound. I''ve bought her a lot of stuff, but she doesn''t wear that much of it. She has pink diamond earrings that she wears about 1/year!
7.gif

She''s actually talked about upgrading to a three-stone ring but what she has in mind would be enough ($$$) of a project that she thinks 20 years would be appropriate.

Those babies need to get more action!!!!
9.gif

I would love to see a pic
2.gif
hint... hint...

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I like SuzyQZ''s augmentation idea! I won''t ever upgrade my engagment ring, but I will happily accept any diamonds my husband should want to give me. Currently, I''m planning on an eternity band for our 15th anniversary, which is still a couple of years away.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, like SuzyQ, I haven''t really got an "upgrade" from my original 1 carat engagement ring as such. Hubby gave me another 1 carat on our 5th and then a 3ct for our 10th (early present given last yr for this year''s 10th anniversary). The two 1 caraters are now my ear-studs.

Am considering getting another "augmentation", he he.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Changed my setting just before our 4-year anniversary. Hoping to get a bigger bauble towards the beginning of ''08. Won''t be selling / trading in my original e-ring though...will be keeping that one forever (I''m thinking our daughter will love to have it someday)...the bigger one will just be *the* bigger one.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
My upgrade came at 16 years.

My original ER was stolen five years ago, so I''d had nothing at all since 2001.

I wonder if I would have upgraded, or thought to, had that ring not been stolen?

It was a 1.03 oval cut, SI 1, G. I loved it. But I could see one tiny black dot in it when it was not clean that did always bother me. I did NOT notice it when we bought the stone. Still, I loved it, and the setting too. I think I still would have enjoyed it.

However, I just got my upgrade and it''s fantastic. I love it too and it''s quite a departure from my original ring.

Would have loved to have had both the original, and my new ones.

Every two years??? Nooo.

jeannie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results