shape
carat
color
clarity

How many of you wear your original wedding ring?

Do you still wear your original wedding ring?

• Yes

Votes: 37 33.3%
  • Yes, but with modifications

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • No

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • I don’t wear a wedding ring

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
M

MillieLou

Thank you both! I've decided to do as you both suggest - it needs to be resized down slightly anyway, so I spoke to my jeweller this morning and when he does that, he's going to soften up the outer edges so there is more of a curve and it lies flatter. Then I'm going to wear it with my anniversary solitaire and stop being a perfectionist. (I don't wear it all the time, just out of the house and not always for work, so the mixed metal wear shouldn't matter). Then in a couple of years re-set to a perfect match.

Mamaofmany

Rough_Rock
No wedding ring...we're an odd story but quite romantic . Highschool sweethearts engaged with a ring he picked out and paid off at 25 a week. A marquise sapphire with two small diamonds. He joined the Navy and I refused to go... I married his best friend. Dumb move, aweful marriage. Fast forward 21 years and we reunited. I kept the ring all those years and he had it reset in platinum.
Last year I confessed I always wanted a real diamond and a big one at that. I now have a 3.03 ct (March 3rd is our hs anniversary) and a platinum Tiffany lucida band. I at times wish it had more meaningful value like the sapphire does but we weren't in a place for the ring I have now back then.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
No wedding ring...we're an odd story but quite romantic . Highschool sweethearts engaged with a ring he picked out and paid off at 25 a week. A marquise sapphire with two small diamonds. He joined the Navy and I refused to go... I married his best friend. Dumb move, aweful marriage. Fast forward 21 years and we reunited. I kept the ring all those years and he had it reset in platinum.
Last year I confessed I always wanted a real diamond and a big one at that. I now have a 3.03 ct (March 3rd is our hs anniversary) and a platinum Tiffany lucida band. I at times wish it had more meaningful value like the sapphire does but we weren't in a place for the ring I have now back then.

Wow - what a story! How amazing that you found your way back to each other. Beautiful.

Id also love to see you Tiffany’s band if you’d care to share!

Mamaofmany

Rough_Rock
Wow - what a story! How amazing that you found your way back to each other. Beautiful.

Id also love to see you Tiffany’s band if you’d care to share!

Sure thing! It's a 4.5mm and so comfortable! 20211106_092718.jpg 20211106_092642.jpg 20211106_092718.jpg

Attachments

• 20211106_092642.jpg
    20211106_092642.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 13
M

MillieLou

It's funny that this thread has been bumped and I read back my response earlier in the thread. I'm back to wearing my original wedding ring. Nothing else means the same :)

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh fun thread. My DH proposed with a custom hammered silver band he had made to match a cuff he bought me very early on in our relationship. I had it tapered a bit before the wedding. He wanted me to use it as my wedding band so I was married with it. He was married with a $30 ring from Stuller that my former appraiser z'l ordered for us. He never wears it, he hates rings says they feel constricting. I intended to wear my band on my left hand but it is wide 4.5-4mmish so the pattern is visible, so I moved it to my right. I wear its matching cuff on my right wrist so this way they are aligned. I *think* it would hurt my DH if I stopped wearing it so I onky occasionally swap it for my growing CS collection. He doesn't seem to actually notice so maybe he wouldn't care. I had wanted a diamond eternity for our wedding band or plain platinum to match my ER, I think if I had gotten a plain metal band I'd never remove it. I have since bought myself both options (and more).

I then picked out my ER so he isn't setinemental at all about her, I wear my ER daily and can't see changing it. I joke I had two previous rings from past engagements (never moved past the engagement stage) and so this is my upgrade! We had an anniversary band made for our 5th anniversary and I swap that one with bands from my collection (I swear they multiplied on their own) for my daily stack.

Ok that was long. So yes I wear the band I was married in all the time, sleep and shower. I wear the ER daily but usually take it off right when I get home. During the height of covid I wore a lot of metal bands and will wear just bands if I am working from home.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's funny that this thread has been bumped and I read back my response earlier in the thread. I'm back to wearing my original wedding ring. Nothing else means the same :)

My little sentimental, heart is warmed to hear that you are still wearing your original wedding ring. For me, nothing compares. I have tried my eternity on my RH with my new Tiffany & they look gorgeous together, but my wedding ring is here to stay & so my new Tiffany is with it, my eternity on the RH alone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results