shape
carat
color
clarity

How many kegs....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
for a party of 70-90 people?

My brother and I have made it a tradition to throw a Halloween party. In the past, it''s been held at either his house or our mom''s. This year, we decided to rent a hall. The place will provide the kegs (purchased through them), and 2 bartenders. There is also a cash bar, for harder stuff.
When we''ve thrown house parties (usually about 50-ish people), we''d always gotten 1 keg, a couple cases, and encouraged folks to BYOB if they like. And if we had extra beer leftover, we''d host a football party the next day. Now, I''m 26, my bro''s 25, and some of our friends can really put down the beer. We''re even having a beer pong tourny at this party!
I told the place to order 2 kegs. Now, I was envisioning 50-ish people. Well, the word is out and the list has climbed a bit. I was telling people at work, and one of the girls was like, "Oh, you''re having a party? I guess I can''t come, because I''m already going to a party that day". Well, we got to talking, and it turns out she''s talking about OUR party! She is my brother''s best friends cousin! Small world... and now I''m getting nervous, i definitely DO NOT want more than 100 ppl. to attend!
We are charging per person at the door. We are not looking to make money off this party - whatever is left after we''ve re-couped what we''ve put out we will give as cash prizes for the best costumes.

So, back to the question... how many kegs? Should I have them put another one on hold? How much should I weigh in the cash bar? I have never planned a party like this before...

Also, we plan on doing meatballs, hot roast beef, and typical party salads, chips, etc... any other suggestions on what to feed a bunch of drunk folks? (we have to provide all food)

TIA!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2008 3:14:51 AM
Author:Lynnie
for a party of 70-90 people?

My brother and I have made it a tradition to throw a Halloween party. In the past, it's been held at either his house or our mom's. This year, we decided to rent a hall. The place will provide the kegs (purchased through them), and 2 bartenders. There is also a cash bar, for harder stuff.
When we've thrown house parties (usually about 50-ish people), we'd always gotten 1 keg, a couple cases, and encouraged folks to BYOB if they like. And if we had extra beer leftover, we'd host a football party the next day. Now, I'm 26, my bro's 25, and some of our friends can really put down the beer. We're even having a beer pong tourny at this party!
I told the place to order 2 kegs. Now, I was envisioning 50-ish people. Well, the word is out and the list has climbed a bit. I was telling people at work, and one of the girls was like, 'Oh, you're having a party? I guess I can't come, because I'm already going to a party that day'. Well, we got to talking, and it turns out she's talking about OUR party! She is my brother's best friends cousin! Small world... and now I'm getting nervous, i definitely DO NOT want more than 100 ppl. to attend!
We are charging per person at the door. We are not looking to make money off this party - whatever is left after we've re-couped what we've put out we will give as cash prizes for the best costumes.

So, back to the question... how many kegs? Should I have them put another one on hold? How much should I weigh in the cash bar? I have never planned a party like this before...

Also, we plan on doing meatballs, hot roast beef, and typical party salads, chips, etc... any other suggestions on what to feed a bunch of drunk folks? (we have to provide all food)

TIA!
I would. It can't hurt to hold it, and then you have enough if you need it.

As for other things to eat:

chicken salad on dollar buns

chili

lil smokies in crock with bbq sauce

fruit tray and dip or veggie tray and dip

round rye bread with dip

cheese ball with crackers

spinach dip with wheat thins

I have some recipers if you need/want them. Sounds fun!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I have no idea what the answer to your question is, I''ve never ordered a keg before!!! But I''ll be tuning in to see what other people have to say on the subject for future reference.
9.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, Ellen. I will call them Monday and hold another keg. The last thing I want is to run out of beer!

I like the cheeseball idea. And fruit/yogurt dip for something sweet. I was also thinking of rice krispie treats or those mini cupcakes... I''ll have to visit the cupcake thread for ideas!

I''ll post pictures of some of the costumes... some people really go all out. In previous years, we''ve had a giant penis (complete with a squirt bottle under the "helmet")... kinda gross, but hysterical. He had made a tube out of chicken wire and covered it with foam, spraypainted it, and had tied giant foam spheres to his feet! Another guy was Jesus. This was the year the Passion of the Christ movie came out. He carried around a cross and had whipmarks on his back. Maybe in bad taste, but most found it funny... I''ll have to dig out the picture of "Jesus and the Penis" and scan it into the puter.

I''m being a cop, because I have a really cute navy dress that I can just accessorize. I find the "sexy" costumes a little TOO sexy/revealing for my taste.
I''m trying to convince my brother to be Michael Phelps, because he''s 6''6" and lanky.. all he would need is a speedo, cap and goggles and some dollar store gold medals... he could definitely pull it off. But he''s a little leary of the idea. I think it''d be a riot!

Sorry I went off on a tangent...

Monarch, I''ll let you know if 3 kegs is enough... I may be hungover and posting that Sunday!

Ellen, I love your new avatar - I love Halloween period!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results