shape
carat
color
clarity

How many Girl Scout cookies...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock
would a wedding of 40 people need?

I want to have Girl Scout cookies at our wedding as a favor for people to take away (or munch on during the night). They''re delicious and I''m a huge believer in Girl Scouts so I''m more than happy to support them.

I''ve tried to be scientific about it and am estimating 14 boxes, which is something like 7 cookies each (2 thin mints and one of each other flavor). Is that enough? We''ll be having another kind of cookie from my bfs heritage and cakes too, so this isn''t the main event, but I want to make sure everyone has as much as they want. I know how addictive they can be!

PS- Cookie sales are going on in a lot of the country, make sure you get yours.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how many cookies, but just wanted to say I think this is an adorable idea!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
40 boxes of thin mints should do it
emwink.gif

I really don''t know, but love the idea.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''d estimate 4 thin mints pp, people love those things. (plus if you have extras you can eat them on your honeymoon
11.gif
) YUM! thin mints and those peanut butter ones, um, do-si-dos I think they are called, and whatever the PC name for Samoas is now, Those three are my fave
18.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I had an oreo cookie bar at my wedding...with glasses of milk. We had a tooooonnnn left over. I would say estimate 2 total cookies per person....and I would definitely get more thin mints as they are the most popular.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I could eat 40 boxes on my own
18.gif

Kiley

Rough_Rock
I don''t know how many, but I love this idea!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Maybe do a sleeve of Thin Mints each? That would be 20 boxes

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute idea. No idea how to estimate it.

Thread-jack to show my solidarity with the 40boxes comment-

A oft told story about my mother and her sister when they were girls: My grandmother was the troop leader. So, when it was time for the cookie sale, all of the boxes came to their house. They lived in a tiny cottage, and my grandmother decided to stack the cookies in my mom and aunt''s bedroom while they were at school. The girls came home to find a miraculous abundance of girl scout cookies in their bedroom-And began to eat there way through them....
30.gif

Now, of course as the years have passed the amount they ate has grown to visions of hundreds of boxes before my grandmother discovered them, but it was the 1950''s and cookies in their house due to finances were a very rare treat. My grandparents ended up having to buy many additional boxes and were not all that happy or amused with the scenario. It does however make my mom now buy a few boxes every year for her mother.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I asked my friend whose daughter is a GS how many cookies were in a box. She said between 12 and 30 depending on the variety. Not much help I know. But I would think the thin mints would be the 30.
I bought 10 boxes just for two of us
30.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Are you planning to repackage them into smaller containers? If not- I''d give away a box per couple or per person (if you can afford that many). If you are repackaging- you can get a few different kinds and put 3-4 cookies per package.

Cute idea! I love thin mints! They''re SOOO good over vanilla ice cream!

UnderBlue

Shiny_Rock
I resisted Thin Mints for many years. Mint+chocolate=yuck! Then I tried them and now they''re eaten by the sleeve! I like the lemon ones too, though they''ve changed them recently so I''m not quite sure what they''re like.

I''m thinking maybe have all the varieties labeled and set out on plates for people to pick their own and put in some paper bags we''ll modify. Plus the other kind of cookie, just as addictive, which I''m estimating 3 per guest. 10 or so cookies a person isn''t bad. And if there are leftovers we can have them with breakfast the next morning! =p

Girl Scout cookie finder

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I bet 20-30 boxes would be plenty.

I got 2 boxes of the Caramel deLites yesterday. Yummmmmmmm!!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I have a Daisy troop and I am also the cookie "mom" (I am not actually a parent) and I love it! We just started cookie sales last week around here and I am so excited to hear about someone using GS cookies as a favor. Great idea! I''m definitely mentioning this one to the parents.

I''d say that 4-5 cookies a guest. Of course, there are many more cookies in the shortbread or thin mint box than in the peanut butter patties box.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results