shape
carat
color
clarity

How long is your commute?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could work from home but my commute is 3 miles and 5 mins. so no complaints. I do get to work four 10 hour days and 3 day weekends every week is awesome! I work on the same street I live on so one turn out of the driveway and one turn into the parking lot.

I feel for those that have long commutes. Some like it though as it gives them wind down time before getting home, at least a couple people have told me that is good for them.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Audio books are awesome. You'll find you want to be in your car all the time. You can download them onto your phone from the library.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Takes me 50 minutes too as I have to drop off my children, 35 ish home.

If I like the drive I'm fine driving 45-1 hour

Usually listen to sports talk radio on the way too work and CDs on the ay home (that's when the radio is local :knockout: )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband is lucky. He walks downstairs to his office. I on the other hand have to drive 5 miles that takes me usually about 18 minutes. Seems much longer when it's snowing like crazy.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
My drive is right about an hour in perfect weather but I live in Minnesota so I have had days it took me three hours to get home :shock: Luckily I work 12 hour shifts so I only work three days a work. I listen to music or books on tape or continuing education stuff for work, makes that time go a lot faster. I am surprised how many people here have extensive commutes.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bling bunny,

calculate your current rate/hour including your commute. e.g., if it takes you 1 hour to/from currently + your 8 hour day, divide your daily pay by 10. then do the same for this new offer. yes, your commute may increase but if the pay increases too, it *may* be worth it. on the other hand, the pay may increase but due to the extra commute, you actually are losing money.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have about a 5 second commute....thats how long it takes me to walk upstairs to my home office lol....I work from home full time and have since 2009 :appl: when I was going into the office to work it was about 20 mins and in the winter closer to 30 mins one way

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
45 minutes...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About an hour each way, to go about 15 miles. Gotta love NY! This is by car.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent the last two years doing an insane 4 HOUR round trip each day by train! :wall: Its definitely not something I recommend and I only did it because I loved my job, it paid well and there was literally nothing closer. They used to let me work from home occassionally to keep me sane... :lol: We've now posted elsewhere and my new commute is about 20mins each way - it's sheer bliss!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results