shape
carat
color
clarity

How long have you been a LIW?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
A LONG time. But I''m ok with being a LIW because I''m waiting for the right time. It just hasn''t been our time yet...as far as being a LIW on PS, I''ve been here 1 year and almost 2 months.

Good things come to those who wait. Or, at least I like to think so.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Oo I love the stories...

Let''s see. I''ve been on the list for a few weeks now. I put myself on the LIW list soon after FF and I started to look at rings...

I met FF after I graduated college about 2 yrs ago. I was planning on going to the Culinary Institute of America and needed 6 months of commercial kitchen experience to attend. I saw FF''s post on Craigslist.org looking for kitchen staff for his 1st restaurant and I applied, had an interview, and was hired. We worked side by side in a tight kitchen for about 8 months, laughing and flirting all the while. We were both dating other people at the time and he was my employer so nothing happened. Our relationships with our ex''s ended for different reasons (his ex broke up with him and my bf at the time couldn''t do the long distance thing anymore). We started dating in November of 2008, but knew we were meant to be together earlier than that. I think we discussed marriage and children shortly after we officially started dating. I quit working for him and went into Accounting (I know, very random, but that''s a whole different story). Oh and I decided not to go to NY for culinary school
3.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 5:14:43 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
A LONG time. But I''m ok with being a LIW because I''m waiting for the right time. It just hasn''t been our time yet...as far as being a LIW on PS, I''ve been here 1 year and almost 2 months.

Oh Dreamgirl, you''re so patient! And your posts are so kind and optimistic. I love it
1.gif
!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 5:14:43 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

It is 100% completely true. Honestly.

yourdelight

Rough_Rock
I think I have been a LIW for almost 2 years- we have been together for almost 4 years. At the start it was him who was obsessed with getting engaged then he became calm about it and I took over.

I have been an offical LIW since September 08, when he bought my ring. It feels like a LIFETIME- it will happen before July 3rd now though, so he says. I believe him this time though.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
I was on the LIW list for about 2 days, it was good luck for me

(I was with my husband for 5ish years before he proposed though :)

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Been together almost 8½ years, living together for 7 (off-and-on.. mostly on). Been on the LIW list since October..

Reader''s Digest version of how we met: online of September ''00, met January ''01, and been together ever since! Proud parents of a gorgeous little girl who turns 5-years-old (OMG, what?!
39.gif
32.gif
19.gif
2.gif
) in September..

Before we found out I was pregnant, we talked about marriage by ''06, which has obviously been put on the back-burner. Finances are the only reason we haven''t gotten there yet. We think we''re alright, we hit a bump in the road, we get back on the wagon, etc.. vicious cycle. Passed timeline of December ''08, but proposal is to happen "for sure" (Mr. H''s words) this year.. still not holding my breath..
40.gif

shoesyay

Rough_Rock
I am not officially an LIW (this is my frst post!) but I have been with my boyfriend since Dec 04. We met the year earlier through mutual friends but we were both with other people at the time. The year after we got together and it''s been bliss ever since!

We have recently been looking at rings (which is how I found this site) and we have figured out which one we both love. But he told me that I''d be waiting at least another year before anything happens!
7.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''m not on the list but I''ll chime in anyway if it''s okay. I''ve been with SO for a little over 8 years and living together for 2. Our original timeline for engagement has always been after he''s done with school in 2 years, so maybe engaged in 2-3 years married after that. However we got to talking a few months ago about how there''s no real reason to wait that long, and how maybe we should just get married as soon as he''s done, possible before. So right now we''re thinking get married either next Spring or the year after! We''re discussing what to do about the ring now, and he''s discussed marrying me with both our families.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
9 years, but we bought a house togehter 5.5 years ago.
Not sexactly ure when the engagement ring will come but the plan is to get married in the fall of 2010.
I can''t wait!
6.gif
)

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not officially on the LIW list either, but something happened this weekend that makes this thread especially relevant for me. My FF and I have only been together a year and 3 months, but we met 16 years ago, re-connected 6 years ago, and he'd been wanting to get together for about 5 years before we actually became a couple - which I knew, so getting together was starting from a point of assuming we'd get married (hope that makes sense.)

Anyways, it was just his 30th and he'd been pretty down all week, so we went to Disneyland, just the two of us, because, well, if Disneyland won't cheer you up, what will? I thought it was going well, until we saw a dad dancing with his two small kids during one of the parades. FF and I were both cracking up and imagining doing that ourselves, etc. A couple hours later FF tells me that seeing that made him terribly sad, because he wishes we were there already now. I mean, every day my FF looks at me and says 'I want to be married NOW! I wish we were married YESTERDAY!!' Finances are the only reason we're not married already, also - the job market for brand new lawyers is non-existent, and I'm still in school
15.gif
So I guess that's why I haven't put myself on the LIW list - I can't get down at all with LIW-itis, or else we'd both be messes! Hopefully it'll happen soon, I think it's harder watching him be so sad and feel so hopeless than it would be if I had LIW-itis myself
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results