shape
carat
color
clarity

How Long Did you Ladies Wait?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Ok...i thought i would be able to be patient and not get all excited and anxious, but this is killing me. The stone and ring were chosen in late March. The ring is now ready..and he is supposed to pick i up on Monday. I thought i woudln''t have to wait that long..maybe a few weeks or maybe a month or two..but now he''s saying he doesn''t know WHEN he''ll give it to meeeee!!!! Eeeek! I don''t know if he''s teasing....but i''m going nuts! I''ve got this giddy grin on my face yet i''ve also got this anxious stressful feeling too!! Is this normal????

How long did you ladies wait from the time you knew (if you knew) he had the ring to the time he actually proposed????

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
My experience was a long wait... He didn''t seem to be in any hurry to ask me after he had the ring and I think he just figured, "I''m going to ask her eventually and she knows it...so why hurry?"...must be a guy thing.

So, I ended up waiting about 4 months after we had the ring. It was a tough wait, but very worth it.

I''d be prepared to wait a while since he said he doesn''t know when he was going to give it to you. If it ends up being less time than expected, yay that''s great too!

Good luck waiting!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
After the ring was in my fiance''s posession, he waited approximately 2 hours!!! He couldn''t stand it, so he proposed on a tuesday afternoon when he claims he was planning on waiting at least until the weekend. Some guys can handle waiting months...and some are as impatient as us I guess!!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i really hope my guy simpatient hes always like no i can wait im like no you cant youll be too exited...i dunno im at the 1 year left mark...omph this is gonna be the hard times comin up huh????
32.gif
39.gif

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
1 month with my hubby... but he wanted to do it earlier but it didn''t fit with his master plan
2.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
My husband had the ring for about a month before he actually proposed! It was pure torture, but at least I knew a proposal was imminent!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We picked out the ring on vacation and he proposed before the stone was even set so:

Ring selection - Saturday
Proposal - Saturday night
Ring on finger - Tuesday

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone! I hope I don''t have to wait too long. Usually both of us are pretty bad with surprises. We always end up giving our gifts to each other as soon as we buy them and never wait until actual birthdays or holidays as we both can''t contain our excitement so i''m hoping this will be the case. However, all his friends are telling him that he can''t give me the ring right away!! Damn those friends~~ hahaha.. .oh well, i guess there is comfort in knowing that it is coming!!

lora252

Rough_Rock
I''m glad you asked this question, because I was wondering the same thing! If it helps - I''m in the same position you are. We bought the ring March 3rd and I''m still waiting. .... Hang in there!! I don''t think our guys understand how slow the time is passing for us!!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
He bought the diamond in Dec, had it set in Jan, but the final finished and fixed ring was not in his hand till Mar 1 or so . . . and he proposed April 22 SO . . . from the diamond purchase till proposal I waited about 4 months but only 2 months from the time the ring was in its current form in his hands, slowest most tedious 7 weeks of my life. I was surprised how my usual calm and collected self was an anxious mess for that time. Hang in there, it is pretty normal.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
FOr me it was about a month. He wanted to wait til we coudl go away for a weekend. It probably would have been a longer wait but his friends talked to him the day he picked up the ring and shared their story.

Basically his friend had the ring for 3 months before propsoing and his now wwife got all mad and resentful of the waiting and he finally just gave it to her in a "here, youve been wanting this" kind of fashion one night. They both told him not to overthink it, or make it into some big deal that he had to worry about getting perfect and, above all else, DO IT SOON.

Lucky me!

Of corse I have since learned that "soon" in my man''s mind means atleast a month LOL

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Less than an hour. It wasn''t what he''d planned, but he just couldn''t wait. It ended up being perfect!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
it was just left at the jewelers for a month and than another month before he proposed! It was hard!
41.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
4 days... it was supposed to happen 3 days later but FI couldn''t wait it out
9.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
From the moment he actually received the ring to the moment he proposed, 2 hours...haha...

I wasn''t part of the ring process, he got it from Blue Nile, it arrived at his office...he then came home and opped the question!. He had the night planned but couldn''t wait that long and just had the ring in his pocket waiting for a good opportunity to propose
2.gif

M~

chrstna

Rough_Rock
We''re still looking for the perfect stone. It''s taken us over a year just to get to this point!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results