shape
carat
color
clarity

How important is it to get a plot on a cert?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

john_ertw

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at a diamond that is certified by Gemscan in Canada. I''m going to ask my jewler to get a detailed grading report from Gemscan before I purchase the diamond, but Gemscan charges extra for a plot. Is this something that is critical or are the numbers enough.

From my common sense, a plot will help to easily identify my diamond. Is there any other value in a plot if you have all the numerical data (depth, pavilion, table, etc.)?

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Is this for the SI2 you were talking about on your other thread? If so, I think I''d want the plot.

john_ertw

Rough_Rock
Suzi, yes this is for the same diamond. I went back to the jeweller and obtained additional info on it:

1.06 ct
SI2
G color
Ideal cut (AGS 0)
Symmetry: Very Good
6.57 x 6.53 x 4.04 mm

I also took a second good look and realized the inclusion on the edge is not against the edge, just near it, and it is not as large as I thought. I guess when I got home I started thinking it is much worse than it really is.

I''m going to ask the jeweller to include the plot and get a full detailed grading report instead of the "certificate of evaluation" he showed me initially.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results