shape
carat
color
clarity

How good is this diamond ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NicC

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I just bought an HRD-certified stone with the following characteristics:

Shape: Brilliant
Weight: 1.57 ct
Clarity grade: SI 1
Fluorescence: NIL
Colour Grade: H white
Measurements: 7.58 - 7.63 mm x 4.50 mm
Proportions: very good
girdle: thin 2.5% faceted
culet: pointed
table width: 59%
cr. height: 14%
pav. depth: 42,5%
Finish grade: good
No extra comments

How would you rate this ? Would a price of approx. US$ 8k be right ?

Thanks for your replies.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I think that if you put aside cut characteristics, it is squarely priced where it should be, among other options available to you.

Do you feel done, are you happy with it? Maybe just stop there.

If you want to explore cut characteristics further, and maybe even contemplate shopping more, review the tutorial here, and general shopping advice I have.

Generally, it looks like, guestimating for what must be the total depth, presuming you've got a round diamond, you're in the blue region, using the HCA tool, and -- with respect to your subject heading -- you could try to consider other options -- at least with respect to cut.

For diamonds at the listed vendors here, there's a big cliff between diamonds with a size of 1.25 - 1.5. At the lower weight, you could save $1K, and at the higher, you need to add $3K

However, if you'll have a vendor call the diamond in for you, asking for AGS0 (ostensibly well cut), you wouldn't have to budge on price to get what may be a better cut diamond, at the size you want.

But maybe you're done. Let us know. Maybe you're sorry you asked. Just my 2 cents.

Best wishes!

NicC

Rough_Rock
Many thanks for the information
19.gif
The stone appeared quite sparkling when looking at it... i am therefore suprised by your analysis.

So, just to be sure i understand you right: you do not know the total depth % of the stone based on the info i provided, which implies you have to ''guestimate'' it, right ?
Can you explain me how you estimate it and then conclude it is in the blue region of the HCA tool ?
FYI, it is indeed round.

Thanks again !

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
You can''t be on this board long without reading about the HCA as a tool. You can read about it in the tutorial, find it here (also above under Tools, select Cut advisor), and try to populate it yourself. Sorry, but my guestimation was a matter of deduction, rather than induction. Start with the default paramaters, and see the results if you try to modify it. Unless I''m mistaken, there''s nothing you can do with guesses that would make the results as encouraging as you''d like them to be.

Ultimately, you can only hold the principle one (yourself) as the judge; best wishes considering this further, if you like it, you have no one else to answer to (apart from your obvious partner), that''s for sure.

Best,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results