shape
carat
color
clarity

How early are you getting ready day of?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So we have a large wedding party so we are starting getting ready at 7:30am. Photos are at noon and ceremony is at 5pm reception will go until about midnight. I''m soooooo worried I''m going to get just plum tuckered out
7.gif
Suggestions anyone? I know I will be relying on energy drinks for the final pull of the night lol

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Wow that's a long day! The biggest gap I see is the time between photos and the ceremony, not sure photos will really take 5 hours, but you'd already be dressed so not like you can really go back and rest for a while before the ceremony. I can't really help because we had a destination elopement, so the only one I had to get ready was me, and the only weddings I've been in had their photos after the ceremony before the reception. Just make sure with that crazy schedule you are eating and staying hydrated! That's a long time to be up and running around, you don't want to crash before the reception!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Yeah no kidding! I think it may take close to 5 hours because we are first taking photos at fi''s college in front of the bell tower and then tooling over to our high school (10-15 min away) to take photos there and then going to the chruch (15-20 min away) to finish up with more formal photos? Plus we always do photos with family and fi and i both have VERY large families so im assuming they''re allowing time for that too, hm i dunno

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hair is at 8, but I don''t need to wash it that morning, so if I don''t wake myself up out of excitement (assuming I even fall asleep!
3.gif
) I''ll be up around 7 I guess. Get some breakfast, coffee (decaf, or I''ll be bouncing around!) wash the rest of me, and CHILL.
10.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad I am spending the night at my parents that night because we are getting ready there the next day. I''m totally laying around in my pajamas until the last minute, maybe sneak a nap in while the girls are getting their hair done lol

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
The girls are meeting me at my place at 9:30, hair starts at 10. Be at the place for dressing at 1:30, photog coming at 2. Ceremony at 4:30 and then the reception runs til 10pm. Then limo on over to our hotel and hopefully stay awake for some wedding night fun!
31.gif

I''m not getting married for a year, but there was a reason I plan on doing a LATE 4-5pm or so wedding.

Cuz I''m a night owl.
Then I can sleep in.

I was thinking I''d get up about 10? Go get a massage either then or the day before, and get hair and make-up done, then be at the wedding by 3...?? I dunno. I''m kinda chill about it, and NOT A MORNING PERSON. I went to a 10:30 am wedding once, on a sunday... and the whole time I was miserable and tired... :) and I wasn''t even the bride!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 2:31:49 PM
Author: swedish bean
I''m not getting married for a year, but there was a reason I plan on doing a LATE 4-5pm or so wedding.

Cuz I''m a night owl.

Then I can sleep in.

I was thinking I''d get up about 10? Go get a massage either then or the day before, and get hair and make-up done, then be at the wedding by 3...?? I dunno. I''m kinda chill about it, and NOT A MORNING PERSON. I went to a 10:30 am wedding once, on a sunday... and the whole time I was miserable and tired... :) and I wasn''t even the bride!

These were my thoughts as well when planning for a 5pm ceremony but alas it''s not happening booo :) maybe the photographer will decide he needs less time and we can all wake up later lol

Regardless I usually work at 8am, get up at 7 and stay up til about 11 or 12 at night anyways so hopefully it won''t be too bad :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I started getting ready at 5 AM, the ceremony was at 10 (I think) and the reception was over around 6. We married on the Fourth of July, so we had people over to our house and went to fireworks after the reception, so we were up and celebrating until around 11 PM.

I didn''t realize I was tired until we were home at the very end of it all. I had been running on adrenaline and sheer joy all day, and never felt tired once. I wouldn''t worry about it, you''re going to be so elated on your wedding day that you won''t feel sleepy until you actually stop moving at the end of it all.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We started getting ready at 9am-ceremony was at 1.30 and we finished up at 5am the next morning. My make up and hair were a bit worse for wear by that stage but still looked ok!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
holy moly bee! you''re a trooper!!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Here is my best advice: hire more people to help you get ready. We started at 5:45 am and I fell asleep an hour before my reception ended. Yup, didn''t even make my last dance. I was so freaking tired. I wish that I had energy drinks (that is a good thought).

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
well (and this is going to sound completely nerdy) but we are thinking of having these world of warcraft drinks for the bridal party and us available at the reception called mana and health (if you play, you''ll understand lol) the mana you drink to get you revved up, you drink the health one the next day to cure your hangover (supposedly) so maybe we will end up doing that as most the guys in our group play world of warcraft ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results