shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this pear look to you? Need opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
We just got this in the mail last night, and my understanding is that fancy shapes are best seen in person. Well, I haven''t seen many, but this is nicer (sparkly, proportionate) than any I''ve seen in person, but I want to know if you guys think it looks good (or should I keep shopping??). This is a HUGE purchase for us and I plan on wearing it forever, so I want to know it''s great...thanks in advance!

(PS the picture quality isn''t great, but these were my first attempts)
1.gif

Here''s the specs:

H, SI1
9.02*6.15*3.68

depth: 59.8
table: 56
crown: 16.4
pavilion: 38.5
girdle: thin to sl. thick faceted
culet: none
polish: good
symmetry: good
flourescence: med. blue

thanks so much!!
jen

pic 4 of jens diamond 023.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another pic...

pic 1 of jens diamond 014.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
One more...

pic 2 of jens  diamond 007.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Last one...

pic 3 of jens diamond 012.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! I''m glad you got these posted over here! Can you try to take some from a little farther away? That might give a more realistic view of what it looks like in actuality.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to mention that it''s 1.22 carat
L to W is 1.47

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I took these far away, but for some reason when I had to crop them to post, they magnified. I am such a beginner!!!

I will get my BF to help me and maybe we can get this thing fixed. He''s home from work and playing video games with the boys, so he can help
11.gif

jen

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
What photo program are you using? Try changing the overall size and/or resolution to make it smaller rather than cropping it all of the way down.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry - didn't get a chance to reply to your other thread before you started this one today - I'm a little busy. The numbers on this stone look really good, and the med blue fluor on this H is beautiful I bet!

Every pear is going to have some extent of bowtie - whether it is pronounced or not is the question. Your stone seems to look really good from the pictures - a little further back would be nice, but I don't see anything glaring. It looks really nice!

ETA: forgot to ask - in one of the pictues I see what could be some carbon spots, or dirt, or reflections - do you see anything clarity-wise, when you look at the stone up close? I'm guessing probably not.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let''s see if I can work some magic here...

sk8r1p.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
OK, let''s see if this is a better picture -- I hope it works!
Thanks firegoddess (my "ring idol!" heehee) I thought the numbers looked good too (except I really don''t know what''s good for crown and pavilion on a pear) and I think it is beautiful ( I actually like what i''ve seen of stones with flourescence). Thanks for your input!
jen
1.gif

pic 6 of jens diamond.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
shoot too big okay now

sk8r1p1.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Firegoddess, thank you!! OK, I think I''m figuring this out (9 hours after I started!)

pic 1 of jens diamond 014 farther back.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
sk8r that picture of the pear on your hand looks gorgeous! This stone looks really nice to me.
18.gif
3.gif
30.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Who's the cert by? GIA? AGS? EGL?

ETA: the reason I ask is (though it could totally be the pixs) I see a little more warmth in this "H" than I see in my own GIA cert "H" asscher in person. Think it's the pix? Also - have you been playing with it all day! Could be some fingerprints & stuff ...

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you -- I truly trust your judgement on this one! If this is *MY* keeper, I''ll have gotten it right on the first attempt! (ps I loved your proposal story, BTW -- had me laughing and cringing at the same time!)
36.gif

jen
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh -- Deco -- now we get to teh *real* reason I need opinions. It''s certed by EGL USA. I''ve heard EGL USA had a better rep than the other European EGLs(by a longshot), but I''ve read enough to be skeptical. Still, when I saw the numbers, I HAD to check it out! The more I look at it, the more I am convinced that it IS *really* as beautiful as I think it is
36.gif

jen

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yeah, it DEFINITELY got fingerprinted today -- I just realized now that I never once wiped it off. But it probably is closer to an I than an H (and I paid more along the lines of an I price for it)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did they send one of those weird clamp settings with it? Oh I just want to hose that beauty down with some hot soapy water or ammonia or something! (hee hee
9.gif
)

I agree with Firegoddess ... it looks great in the far away hand shot. I''d love to see it in a platinum setting or white gold setting too ... sometimes they change the appearance of the stone a bit too!

More questions:

** what kind of setting will it be in?
** does it make your heart sing?
** did you look at it and say THAT''S IT!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Deco -- no weird clamp setting, but I promise you it is now as clean as I can get it!
9.gif

It absolutely positively makes my heart sing, but I don''t want to be stupid. I mean, I looked at diamonds at the B&M stores and they were much more expensive (and very marked up) and I want to know that I made a good choice by the standards of someone that knows something about diamonds b/c it''s a big chunk of change for us! So I know where you are coming from, and it sings a BUNCH, but I am just a little afraid that I might love even a speck of dust disguised as a diamond at this moment!
9.gif
9.gif

The setting is easy -- envision FireGoddess''s and there you have it. My melee will be a slight bit tinier than hers and my band and matching band will have one-and-a-half points. Plus it will be white gold, not platinum. I fell in love with the halo when I looked at a 3 stone Ritani early on and thought, oh I''ll never afford anything like it... then I found PS and here we go!

The only real concern I have about the stone is the bowtie which really isn''t evident in these pics and is nowhere NEAR the size of the one firegoddess posted in the LIW thread, so it''s becoming much less of a concern.

thanks deco!
jen

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 7:42:55 PM
Author: sk8rjen
It absolutely positively makes my heart sing, but I don''t want to be stupid. I mean, I looked at diamonds at the B&M stores and they were much more expensive (and very marked up) and I want to know that I made a good choice by the standards of someone that knows something about diamonds b/c it''s a big chunk of change for us! So I know where you are coming from, and it sings a BUNCH, but I am just a little afraid that I might love even a speck of dust disguised as a diamond at this moment!
9.gif
9.gif
You''re definitely not being stupid - your specs are 1A grade on the cut advisor!

The setting is easy -- envision FireGoddess''s and there you have it. My melee will be a slight bit tinier than hers and my band and matching band will have one-and-a-half points. Plus it will be white gold, not platinum. I fell in love with the halo when I looked at a 3 stone Ritani early on and thought, oh I''ll never afford anything like it... then I found PS and here we go!
I''m not a big fan of that setting. LOL!
36.gif
It''s going to look so fabulous. I wish I could remember who, but someone on PS alerted me to the fact that someone ELSE on the web has my/our ring! I think I saved the pic. I''ll have to post it. You''ll get a kick out of it. The PSer thought it was me, on the web, but alas not! It''s going to make your stone look even HUGER than it already is.
30.gif

The only real concern I have about the stone is the bowtie which really isn''t evident in these pics and is nowhere NEAR the size of the one firegoddess posted in the LIW thread, so it''s becoming much less of a concern.
I think most pear and fancy owners have the hardest time with this. It IS hard, there IS going to be light leakage in the area, which CAN make it look darker in some lightings. But it shouldn''t look that way a majority of the time, especially when you move your hand around and the stone is sparkling. Plus, not enough contrast and the stone looks dull and lifeless. It''s a tradeoff.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somebody ELSE has MY (and in the future, OUR) ring...the NERVE!! LOL.

myweddingsettwin.jpg

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
nice shape! sunshine pictures please?

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
FG --Holy cow that''s HUGE!!! Forgive me if it''s obvious, but should I know who it is?? hmmmm, i like her dress too.....

ok, back to reality! It''s funny, I went to the jewelry store I saw the ritani in just the other day -- the guy remembered me an got the ring out, saying "Here''s your ring!" I took it, and smiled politely, and thought how much better of a deal I will be getting now (this was before we found this particular diamond). He''d gone through so much of a pitch with me last year -- how perfect the diamonds were and all-- so I started asking him *real* questions the other day (hee hee). He told me all of the Ritani line guaranteed G-H color and SI1 clarity and I about died. I was expecting D''s and VVS''s the way he''d talked before. It was still pretty, but not even close to being as pretty as the one I am building!

LadyKemma -- I will try tomorrow as sunlight is mostly gone here (all cloudy again)

35.gif

jen

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehe - no clue who that is with the ring twin!! Just someone on the internet who posted wedding pics and had the same ring!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
It just dawned on me that my ring will be your ring''s "mini-me" hehe

So what does that make the one in that pic??
food for thought (or i''m too tired and should go to bed now)
23.gif

jen

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing. I always enjoy seeing pictures of pears. I don’t know much about Pears but if you are happy and the price is affordable I would consider it. How do you feel about the fire in this diamond…. does it sparkle from a distance? Can you compare it to another stone with the same color range to make your final selection?
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results