shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this diamond rate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vassstar

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me how this diamond scores? Is this a good stone for almost $10,000??? It''s a Round Brilliant.

Carat: 1.540
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.1
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 14.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: 0.9%-1.6% Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 7.43-7.46X4.55

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I am NO expert by any means... but here's my humble 2 cents!

If the stone is eyeclean, then personally, I LOVE the color/clarity combo. It will face up VERY white, and you have saved some serious money! I think all the numbers look good, it should be a great stone.

The only thing I wonder about is the spread... I think it should be closer to (or just a hair over) 7.50... but it doesn't seem to be overly deep or hiding weight in the girdle. Maybe an expert can weigh in on this? It's probably just fine!
2.gif

And I haven't priced stones for several months, but I think the price looks great, too. Did you run a search on PS for stones with similar specs? That would help you the most.

Have you run it through the HCA? AGA? Have you seen an Idealscope image? Is it an H & A? If so, have you seen photos of that? If you have any of those, you can post them here and that will help, too! Have you seen the stone?

Personally, I think it looks GREAT!
appl.gif

Lynn

vassstar

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I have attached the idealscope image. It scores really well on HCA....I believe it was 1.5. It is a h&a although I don't have pictures. I actually have the stone now.....and it does face up really white.

Thanks Lynn

IS_AGS-.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
The numbers look really good and I agree with Lynn that a clean SI1, I is a great value. What do your own eyes tell you? What does your heart tell you, now that your brain knows the technical inormation is very good?

1.gif

vassstar

Rough_Rock
Thank you, and yes, it is a very clean SI1. There are no visible inclusions and even under magnification there are only 3 tiny tiny crystals all very close together. I love the way it looks....I just wanted to ensure that this is definitely a good stone, so thanks so much for your responses.b

TLS

Shiny_Rock
I think a well cut round 1.5 carat should actually be 7.4 mm and since is slightly bigger that that the diameter looks just right (speaking as a non-expert). If this faces up white and is eye clean, I bet it's a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results