shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this cushion (or jubilee) look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thedilleyo

Rough_Rock
I can''t tell if this diamond is a cushion or jubilee so hopefully someone can help out with a beginner (although I think it''s a jubilee)? Here are the specs and the facet structure from the GIA report:

Shape: Modified Rectangular Brilliant (cushion or jubilee?)
Measurements: 6.72x5.7x3.79
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Weight: 1.05
Depth: 66%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Thick to very thick, faceted (too thick?)
Culet: None

Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG

Fluor.: None

What does everyone think?

facets072805.JPG

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm. Where is this stone coming from? Doesn''t look like a Jubilee - a Jubilee is a specific, patented cut that is designed to be SQUARE - this one is not. Good Old Gold and Wink carry Jubilees - if you are looking for one you should call them. Also, I have yet to see a GIA cert on a Jubilee. And the GIA plot doesn''t look like nor is it described as a Cushion - cushions have rounded corners.

But in the long run it doesn''t matter what the NAME of the cut is - if you like it (have you seen this stone?), if you like the way it looks, then that should be the ultimate deciding factor (IMHO). Can''t tell anything really byt the numbers. Do you have pics? Idealscope images?

thedilleyo

Rough_Rock
I don''t have any of that information and haven''t physically seen the diamond because it was from an online vendor. I was just curious because I''d never seen the facet structure before and it doesn''t look like a cushion (although it came up as a cushion during my search). Has anyone seen this facet structure before and may have more pictures on what it looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results