shape
carat
color
clarity

How does this 1.14 ct look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DVC California

Rough_Rock
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 1.14
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: SI1
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 61.4%
Table: 56%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: 1.3-1.8
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.70*6.74*4.13

Crown Angle:34.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.40

HCA comes out at 1.0
Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread: Very Good

Price: $4995.00 (w/ Pricescope Discount)

Thanks, Steve

1_14ct.jpg

Idealscope.jpg

Megascope.jpg

AGS.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks pretty good for the low price. However, since it''s not GIA the color might look more like a J...and clarity might be a little off too, just to keep that in mind. However, the measurements look pretty good. However...I am not an expert, you might want some advice from one of them.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Not an expert on rounds, but just wanted to say that AGS is considered just as strict as GIA by most people so the color and clarity grades should be accurate.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the OGI specs are way off compare to the AGS report. can you ask the vendor to scan the stone with a sarin machine,if he has one.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2006 12:24:06 AM
Author: kcoursolle
It looks pretty good for the low price. However, since it''s not GIA the color might look more like a J...and clarity might be a little off too, just to keep that in mind. However, the measurements look pretty good. However...I am not an expert, you might want some advice from one of them.
Where did you get that from?
AGS is stricter than GIA in a lot of cases.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks good to me.
Id double check with the vendor that its eyeclean but it looks like it should be.
Price is good for the quality level.

Ashtangi

Rough_Rock
How can you tell that it''s likely eyeclean? Is there a way to "generally" get a sense of whether or not it''s eye-clean without seeing it? Just curious as I''m considering a VS2 right now, but I''d also consider an SI1 if I could reasonably determine if it will be eye-clean.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a good chance that an SI1 or even S12 in that size should be eyeclean, but you need to define your idea of eyeclean and discuss it with your vendor. Eyeclean in the trade usually means no visible inclusions in normal light viewed at a distance of about 10 - 12 inches, not up close eyeballing it and eyeclean normally applies to face up, not from the side. So if you want a diamond which is clean from very close scrutiny an SI1 might fit the bill or maybe VS might be a better fit. Would clean face up be ok if you might see an inclusion from the side? Decide your comfort level and be honest with your vendor, they will be honest with you as it doesn't benefit them to send diamonds back and forth with no sale. You might well find an SI that fits, speak to the vendor and assess each diamond as an individual. Also ask the type, colour, number, location, visibility and size of the inclusions to give you a better picture. I can see a slight speck on the table, but it might not be visible as pics are magnified, worth looking further especially as it is AGS certed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results