shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you store your jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelry box or some other method? Pictures would be great too. :)

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
I store mine in little velvet pouches in a cigar box. I will probably continue to do this. I think that jewelry boxes advertise the goods. I keep my cigar box in my closet on a little self. A few silver necklaces I have hanging on a hat post so that they don''t get tangled.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
in the kitchen in the drawer in lined muffin baking pans

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I actually HAVE a jewelry box... but most of my jewelry lands in the goofy yellow bowl BESIDE the nice jewelry box when I take the pieces off at night.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I have a lined box without a lid that I just drop my daily things into. Otherwise I have boxes or pouches for each item or set that I put in an old sewing box of mine. However my aunt swears by putting each item into tiny ziploc bags to keep the metal and jewels safe from the air. If you want to invest in tiny little bags that might be nice because then you can also readily see what is in them. If you are looking for a system to keep your stuff organized I also have another thought. I saw it on Mission organization a couple weeks back for beads. They are these little tins with see-through tops that are magnetic. They are actually spice holders but can be used for anything really. So there are strips that you mount on your wall and then the tins just stick to the strips If done nicely it actually looks like really cool modern art. I could find the specific show with the information for you if you wanted. Sorry for going on here otherwise.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In jewellery box. Like Brneyedgirl I also think this advertises the fact. I watched a tv series though where they had staged burglaries with owners of houses and a reformed professional burgler. It seems they look everywhere anyway and very fast too. The lady on one programme had his jewellery in her sock drawer and her precious heirloom gold watch in her dressing gown pocked in a closet. He found these in no time. He also said lots of people hide jewellery in their top sock drawer. I have read on here that a safe bolted to a concrete floor is the safest in the house.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hidden.
2.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Other than my ering I really don't have any valuable jewelry- just a lot of silver from James Avery (Texas thing) and some sets with semi-precious stones that my future in-laws gave me for Christmases and birthdays. I keep my ering in the James Allen box on my vanity and when I'm not home, it's always with me. The rest of my things are in a jewelry box. I'm sure I'm a sitting target but I can't see a thief really going for our little condo with my silver charm bracelet when there are million dollar homes a quarter mile away.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
I store mine all over the place, but I do have a jewelry box that I keep my less valuable jewelry in (sterling, fake earrings etc).
I keep all valuable items in their original case or pouch for protection.
I keep my sterling necklaces/bracelets in either their original pouch or in a tiny plastic zip loc type bag to keep them from clanking each other in the box.

sfritz

Rough_Rock
Jewelry boxes and dresser drawers, as well as almost any other spot in bedrooms, are the first places a thief will look for your valuables.

Surprisingly, most burglaries occur during the day, not at night. Burglaries also are more frequent when doors and windows are unlocked, whether or not people are at home. Think about this: How easy would it be for a burglar to slip into your home unnoticed and steal your valuables if you were occupied in another part of the house, outside in the garden, or mowing the lawn? It would only take a minute!

When not wearing your jewelry, choose a secure hiding place in your home, not in your bedroom. We recommend a locked compartment that is immobile, such as a safe bolted to the floor. Choose a secure place that is inconspicuous, yet convenient for you. How about your home office or laundry room?

Consider storing infrequently worn jewelry in a bank safe-deposit box.

Sue Fritz
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I keep my goodies in their original boxes. Whatever I know I won''t be wearing during the week stays in the safe deposit at the bank. (I go to the bank every Friday or Saturday to get out whateve I think I''ll want for the next week.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results