shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you figure table percentage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Hi, it''s Kathy again. :)

Here''s what''s maybe a stupid question: How do you figure out the table percentage of a diamond based on its dimensional measurements? I know how to figure out the depth, but haven''t a clue about the table.

Can anyone lay some knowledge on me? ;-)

Thanks!
Kathy

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi kathy again!
2.gif

table percentage isn''t something you can ''figure''. that is to say, it''s not a set measurement at all.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Table (%) = longest table measurement (in mm) divided by
average girdle diameter (in mm) for RBs

For Fancies, width of table divided by width of stone

GIA GEM Instruments sells a nifty Table Gauge that you use with a loupe/microscope to measue tables.
http://www.gia.edu/geminstrument/mySearchResults1.cfm?CFID=1097745&CFTOKEN=bd0987adb2c4ad3b-7DD8225C-1279-91C8-6BD4A9544FEA6C8C&jsessionid=5030cce206d2$2B$07p$&productID=128&display=detail&categoryID=14&name=Replacement%20Parts&filterFor=table%20gauge

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once you have the table width its easy to calculate but its not a set size and varies a lot so without having access to the stone or having a scan ran you cant tell what it is belle is right it can not be calculated without having more information than the outside diameter.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! :) Super helpful as always. (I love this site!!)

Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results